We are looking for an experienced and confident Housekeeping and Switch board Coordinator who will be operationally responsible for the day-to-day Housekeeping and Switch board Services ensure compliance with the national standards of healthcare cleanliness within a challenging and ever-changing environment.
You will be responsible for the efficient, effective, high quality Housekeeping services. You will also provide technical support to the Switch board Supervisor.
The role requires a customer focused personality with an eye for detail and a passion for high standards. Working closely with the IPC and Monitoring Teams ensuring best practice is adhered. You will need strong management people skills as you will be responsible for providing guidance and advice to staff, maintaining budgets, training and ensuring the wellbeing of the team.
Applicants should have good organisational skills, the ability to motivate staff and have a proven ability to create effective working relationships and build teams.Main duties of the job
To provide support and assistance to the Facilities Manager in delivering and maintaining a Housekeeping and Switch board service that achieves a clean, safe and hygienic patient environment in line with Trust best practice, policies, procedures and KPI's and the national standards of healthcare cleanliness .
You must also be knowledgeable and confident in all aspects of Staff Management, Health & Safety legislation, HR issues and Policies, Recruitment and Staff Training & Development. To demonstrate clear day to day leadership skills, excellent communication (both verbally and electronically) to be able to engage and interact with all levels of NHS staff and service users including encouraging, influencing and motivating staff. Ability to prioritise own workload, and able to work both independently on own initiative, and as part of a team. To provide leadership and support to the other facilities staff including switchboard and housekeeping, establishing and developing working relationships and regular communications between ward and departmental managers within the Trust.
Please see Job Description and Person Specification for further information on the main duties of the role.About us
Our purpose is simple - Putting Patients First. We are looking for exceptional colleagues who can help us achieve this.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is a large acute and specialised hospital trust that provides a range of local acute services to the residents of Worcestershire and more specialised services to a larger population in Herefordshire and beyond.
The Trust operates hospital-based services from three sites in Kidderminster, Redditch and Worcester
Our workforce is nearly 6,800 strong, and our caring staff are recognised as providing good and outstanding patient-centred care. You could be one of them.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us to achieve our Vision - working in partnership to provide the best healthcare for our communities, leading and supporting our teams to move 4ward. Our 4ward behaviours, which we ask all staff to demonstrate, underpin our everyday work and remain firmly at the heart of all we do.
Our objectives are simple:
- Best services for local people
- Best experience of care and best outcomes for our patients
- Best use of resources
- Best people
Better never stops, and our Clinical Services Strategy provides a clear future vision for our Trust, our hospitals, our services and our role in the wider health and care system.We are proud to have achieved Timewise accreditation - this means we are committed to embedding flexible working within our organisation as a flex positive employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesHousekeeping and Switch board CoordinatorKey Duties:
- To be responsible on a day to day basis for the safe, secure and efficient service of facilities. Ensuring that both in-house and contracted-out services are performance managed against set criteria and objectives.
- To ensure the maintenance of good relationships, communications and team work.
- To assist with the development & changes of facilities policies to ensure compliance with legislation In compliance with statutory requirements and best practice guidance.
- To adhere to and ensure the facilities service staff operate within defined guidelines and appropriate Operational, Trust wide and National policies and strategies.
- To gain maximum income and ensure that a high standard of service is provided that is acceptable to staff and visitors whilst being cost effective.
- To support the deputy facilities manager and facilities manager with the continued provision of an efficient housekeeping, switchboard and linen service to the departments throughout the trust
- To be aware of the responsibilities of all employees and to help maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff and visitors.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
To provide day to day leadership and assist in the operational control of the facilities staff within the department as a whole.
- To ensure all cash takings received are recorded in compliance with the Trusts financial instructions and removed to a safe place.
- To ensure that all monies collected are cashed up in conjunction with a Trust cashier in line with the Trusts financial instructions.
- To carry out and/or organise training to ensure that all facilities staff are fully equipped to carry out their roles.
- To ensure the housekeeping, switchboard and linen department are adhering to the all relevant procedures in line with HTMs, national standards and trust policys
- To organise and implement the housekeeping monitoring / auditing system ensuring compliance with monitoring time scales in line with the governments guidelines on the National Standards of cleanliness.
- To maintain a polite efficient relationship with all hospital users.
- To observe the correct use and care of equipment and materials, reporting any defects however minor to the estates or contract team and escalate to the facilities manager where appropriate.
- reed procedures and quantities.To complete all relevant control documents, waste and other prescribed documentation. To ensure that risk is adequately managed within areas of responsibility.
- To adhere to the reporting procedures of sickness/absence, annual leave and special leave completing the relevant departmental documentation.
- To attend mandatory and statutory training as instructed.
- Actively participate in formal and regular monitoring meetings with key contractors and, where relevant, the users of those services.
To work with the service supervisors in organising and planning work rotas taking into account sickness and annual leave so as to ensure there is adequate staffing to maintain services.
To ensure manpower is utilised in the most practical and cost effective manner.
To participate in the recruitment and selection process of new staff including the appointment and completion of Commencement Forms.
To conduct exit and sickness interviews with staff.
Support with all aspects of people management e.g. managing disciplinarians, grievances, attendance management and performance management within the Trusts Procedures and in consultation with the Facilities Manager.
To investigate and report back on any projects as defined by the Trust facilities Manager.
To check, sign and forward departmental time sheets after ensuring correct information and coding has been included.
To deal with all telephone calls in an appropriate and polite manner so that a positive image is portrayed.
To visit Patients at ward level to discuss complaints and act accordingly.
To ensure correct operation of cash procedure in conjunction with accommodation team.
To carry out on the job training to include housekeeping, switchboard and linen room duties.
To identify and place requisitions and orders for goods and services required from designated suppliers or in conjunction with the Trust Facilites Manager if not designated supplier.
To contribute to the management of the department by attending and actively participating in departmental and multi-disciplinary meetings.
To arrange & chair formal supervisors meetings and record notes of the meeting for circulation.
To ensure the correct and economical use of all materials and equipment along with reporting any defective equipment to the Trust Facilites Manager or Estates department.
To ensure all staff report any illnesses or accidents and to record in relevant documentation.
To ensure all staff observe the hygiene practices as laid down by the trust while undertaking facilities roles
To attend mandatory and statutory training as needed to meet Trust requirements.
To support with the Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) programme as required by the Trust.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Experience in NHS Facilities Management.
- BICs Trained or associated Healthcare Cleaning Qualification
- Degree or equivalent management qualification or equivalent experience
- IWFM/Industry related qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant operational management experience in a healthcare facilities services setting or similar care environment
- Demonstrate achievement of service improvement and financial controls
- Practical employee relations experience including liaison with staff representatives
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries
- Proven experience of working to deadlines in a time critical environment
- Experience of effective problem solving
- Experience of introducing and managing change
- Experience of introducing and maintaining improvement projects
- Experience of managing and reporting risk
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
The Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.