Following new investment, we are excited to be offering Social Work posts within the Specialist Perinatal Mental Health Community Service North Yorkshire and York. These posts will provide services to the York and Scarborough geographic areas.
The successful candidates will work as a member of the community perinatal multi-disciplinary team representing a social work perspective to women experiencing mental health difficulties in pregnancy and up to 1 year postnatal.
The role will include the ongoing development of the social worker role in the team. As an autonomous social worker, the person will be accountable for a defined caseload including service users with child and adult /or adult safeguarding needs.Main duties of the job
We are a specialist service that strives to deliver excellent standards of care to expectant and new mothers with severe and complex mental health problems. We are looking for a highly motivated practitioners with an interest in perinatal mental health, however further specialist training and supervision will be provided to the successful candidates.
The post holder will support the clinical leadership in the development of the service to meet the perinatal ambitions within the NHS Long Term Plan over the coming years.
The post holders may have to travel across the locality as required. Being a car driver is therefore essential.
Current post are available to be based in York, and ScarboroughAbout us
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to become involved in the development of a proactive and forward-thinking team. You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team and be offered a range of opportunities to develop and enhance your existing clinical and social work skills. You will receive regular supervision and will have the opportunity to network with social work colleagues across the trust.
Applicants should be highly motivated, have the ability to act on own initiative and have sound assessment andIT skills.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applyingPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A registered social work qualification plus a period of indentured practice
- Registration with SWE
- Practice Educator 1 & 2 Evidence of psychosocial educational qualification or willingness to work towards within agreed timescale
- i.e. PSI/CBT Leadership and management experience Experience of working with psychological models of care
- oEvidence of working within a community setting
- oEvidence of working within a multidisciplinary team
- oEvidence of using detailed risk assessments and formulation of subsequent care plans
- oAn ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- oLiaise effectively with external agencies
- oExperience of working within a community environment
- oExperience of working with families
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oUp-to-date knowledge of mental health strategies
- oGood understanding of safeguarding procedures
- oWorking knowledge of relevant legislation including MHA 1983, MCA 2005 and Care Act 2014
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
York or Scarborough or Harrogate or Northallerton.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.