Adult Therapy Services (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Nutrition and Dietetics) Post -
Permanent Band 7 Physiotherapist (PT) in Neurology Outpatients, based at South Bristol Community Hospital (SBCH). Hours -
up to 28hrs per week - for more information about flexible working arrangements please contact as per details below.
Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Physiotherapist with significant knowledge and skills in rehabilitation and management of patients with neurological conditions? Are you keen to work in a friendly outpatient setting, delivering high quality evidence-based care, specializing in the treatment of adults with neurological conditions?
We are seeking a Band 7 PT to lead our outpatient therapy service for patients with neurological conditions.
The service operates 5 days per week, excluding bank holidays.Main duties of the job
This post entails delivering one to one assessment and intervention, contributing to the multi-disciplinary Movement Disorders Clinic, and providing group intervention. As an integrated Occupational Therapy (OT) & PT team you will deliver a joint team lead role - managing sickness and performance, supervising staff & students .
The post holder will work closely with the Pathway Lead, B7 PT in Older Person's Rehab, and Band 7 OTs to further develop the pathway and so we are seeking an individual with drive, enthusiasm and ability to bring forward innovative ideas.
We are happy to consider applications from staff who are looking for a secondment, in order to experience a new working environment whilst retaining their substantive post to return to.
Find out more about working in Therapies @ UHBW here!About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and Person Specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationKnowledge and experienceEssential
- Clinical experience in the rehabilitation of neurologically impaired adults in a relevant clinical setting
- Experience of monitoring caseload, and awareness of demand and capacity across the pathway
- Experience of induction, mentoring and supervision of staff at B6 and below, including students
- Teaching and presentation skills on topics related to patients with neuro conditions
- Evidence of service evaluation and improvement
- Experience of recruitment, interviewing and appointing staff
- Experience of setting team objectives
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of delivering service transformation
- Experience of leading a team on day-to-day management of issues such as absence reporting or individual performance management
- Experience of working within a neurological outpatient setting
- Experience of undertaking audit and/or research
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to demonstrate team working skills
- An advanced level of clinical skills and knowledge of neurological conditions and treatments
- Analytical skills to be able to interpret and compare a range of options for problem solving
- Effective communication skills with a wide range of people
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills e.g., implementation of practice standards
- Good IM& T skills to enter data, produce reports, manage emails
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to perform patient assessments and interventions, including manual therapy and therapeutic handling
- Knowledge of clinical governance and its application to physiotherapy
- Ability to cope in a stressful environment undertaking moderate to intense physical effort throughout a working day and carry out concurrent activities
- Diploma / Degree in Physiotherapy
- Health & Care Professions Council Registration
- Post Grad qualification relevant to clinical area e.g., MSc, PGD
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Involvement in Relevant Specialist Clinical Interest Groups
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Compassionate leadership style
- Excellent communication skills
- Autonomous practitioner
- Problem Solver
- Positive attitude
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
South Bristol Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.