An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 18 month rotation between the Emergency Department the childrens ward and Special Care Baby Unit.
The Emergency Department sees in excess of 52,000 patients per year (approximately 10,000 children), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, working closely with other acute trusts in the North West.
A recent investment has been agreed which will result in an upgrade of the existing Emergency Department which will provide a separate area to care for children There will be the opportunity to further develop their skills in minor injuries, plastering, ecgs, venopuncture, triage as well as caring for acutely unwell children with medical/surgical presentations.
The children's ward is a 16 bedded unit for both medical and surgical patients, and a 5 bedded observation and assessment unit. There is a Children's out-patients and Specialist Nurses for Diabetes, Epilepsy, Asthma, Allergy, Eczema and Research. The Special Care Baby Unit
provides 8 cots/incubators with the facilities and staff to provide special, high dependency and short-term intensive care for babies at 32 weeks gestation and above.
This is a truly exciting opportunity as this provides a diversity of skills and knowledge from premature babies to older children. Hours per week: 37.5Main duties of the jobJob Summary
- To work as a skilled member of the nursing team, providing a high standard of holistic family centred care to the children and families, with the ability to promote family centred care and establish good relationships with children and families
- To communicate effectively at all levels within the multidisciplinary team.
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment at this time, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters so that we can manage individual and environmental risks, and so that we can support those who may be undecided about vaccination. If you are unvaccinated there is helpful advice and information at https://www.eastcheshirehrdirect.nhs.uk
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Good standard of general education
- Current first level registration (NMC) in Children's nursing
- Acute paediatric experience
- Experience in area of specialism
- Demonstrates commitment to own personal development
- Demonstrates competence in :- Assessing patient condition and plan and implement care
- Effective documentation of care delivery
- Demonstrate evidence based decision making
- Act with professionalism and integrity
- Ability to delegate safely
- Ability to prioritise tasks and action
- Demonstrate commitment to patient care and the Trust by adopting a flexible approach to work
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to promote effective communication
- Experience of using a multi - disciplinary approach to patient care
Other Role RequirementsEssential
- Experience of managing a group of staff to deliver patient care
- Involvement in using evidence to implement improvements in practice/protocol or procedures
- Evidence of designing and delivering education to junior staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Victoria Road, Macclesfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.