South Derbyshire AWA Living Well Team is looking for an enthusiastic Band 5 Registered Occupational Therapist to join the friendly and supportive team based in Swadlincote.
The work will involve assessing and supporting adults with mental ill health who live within their local community. As such you will need to have the ability to travel across a the geographical area.
There is an expectation that you will be able to manage a diverse caseload, under the supervision of our Band 6 Occupational Therapist.
You will play a pivotal role in collaborative working, alongside our partner agencies, including the voluntary sector.
The teams work in a multi-disciplinary way and as such, Occupational Therapy is integral to this process.
The team is friendly, motivated and dynamic.
You will be encouraged to continue your professional development with the help of regular supervision and access to training opportunitiesMain duties of the job
The post holder will:
- Provide OT assessment and intervention of a person's occupational and functional needs. Interventions provided will be within the practitioner's sphere of competency.
- Liaise with colleagues who may be more experienced within a particular field as and when required.
- Show initiative, drive and ability to think creatively for solutions.
- Provide OT assessments and interventions, both individually and in groups.
- Work closely with the nursing and medical team, to provide a therapeutic programme that supports the use of activity and recovery.
- Work closely with the multi-disciplinary team, giving you the opportunity to work with the OT, CPNs, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and the VCSE (voluntary sector).
- Be professionally and legally accountable under the HCPC code of professional practice.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an accountPerson SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
- Ability to apply core OT skills in a mental health setting
- Group skills
- Occupational Therapy Degree
- HCPC registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post-graduate training relevant to specialist area
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dale Bank View
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.