Are you an experienced administrator and looking for your next challenge? If so, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join the Clinical Education Team.
You will be joining an innovative team to direct and support all non-medical placements for learners undertaking placements across CUH which lead to professional recognition/registration. You will be providing high-quality confidential administrative support to the head of non-medical education and managing and leading a team of administrators who support the non-medical clinical education team.
If you are interested in joining a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Clinical Education Team to deliver the Trust objectives and embed our Values into all that we do, please apply. Please do get in touch if you want any further information.Main duties of the job
You will have overall responsibility for:
Directing and managing all non-medical placements for learners undertaking placements across CUH which lead to professional recognition/registration
Providing high-quality confidential administrative to support to the Head of Non-Medical Education.
Managing and leading a team of administrators who support the Non-Medical Clinical Education Team.About usOur Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close at midnight on the 27th November 2023.
Interviews are due to be held on the 6th December 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Administration qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy administrative role, either in Health, Higher Education or Social Care organisation.
- Proven experience of establishing and managing effective business relationships and negotiating with external partners.
- Experience of line management/leadership of administrative team.
- Experience of report writing, data analysis and presentation of recommendations and finding.
- Secretarial and/or administrative experience, including minute taking.
- Experience of IT packages - Microsoft office.
- Experience of producing documents to a high standard.
- Experience of using Excel to a very high level.
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations and confrontations.
- Ability to model and forecast placement capacity using different scenarios.
- Experience in the use of placement database management, records systems and software packages.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
- Sound knowledge of office procedures.
- Understanding of customer service.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of the Trust including awareness of priorities.
- Knowledge of Trust information systems.
- Understanding of learner placements.
- Ability to develop bespoke databases and produce reports arising from data.
- Ability to effectively manage the development, implementation and evaluation of new systems and procedures to enable smarter and more effective ways of working.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective external networks and working relationships and professionally represent the Trust at internal and external meetings.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone, email, face to face.
- Ability to organise and manage own time keeping to schedule and deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously.
- Ability to show attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with budgets.
- Ability to requisition general stock.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.