Would you like to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer? Are you passionate about maximizing the benefit income of our cancer patients? Do you want to join our well established team to provide Welfare benefits advice in partnership with Macmillan cancer support?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our acclaimed Macmillan welfare benefits advice service. This is a high performing team providing welfare benefits advice to Cancer patients and their family across the Health Board.Main duties of the job
Work as part of the Cancer Services Team at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
- To provide welfare benefit advice service to maximize the benefit income of people who are affected by a diagnosis of cancer and their carers and families.
- To carry out case work, up to and including appeals representation (1st Tier and Upper Tribunals).
- To deliver training and to give advice and support to other staff members both in the statutory and voluntary sectors.
- To participate in take-up campaigns and liaise with other organisations to achieve best practice.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will give high quality, sometimes contentious information and benefit advice to people affected by cancer, their carers and families in the most efficient and effective way and at key points on the cancer pathway diagnosis/active treatment end of treatment palliative/end of life/bereavement issues.
They will deliver this service by telephone, email, face to face in health, social services and voluntary sector settings.
The post holder will manage the day to day running of the welfare support service, and provide advice to cancer patients, carers and families.
The post holder will act independently, within clearly defined occupational policies providing a welfare advice and support service to patients, relatives and carers. They will signpost patients and their carers/relatives to external organisations that can offer additional support.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Knowledge and understanding of benefits, disability benefits, means tested benefit.
- Understanding the issues faced by people affected by long term illness or disability, including cancer
- Significant experience of working in a welfare setting.
- Experience of giving money/debt advice.
- Experience of working with Oncology patients.
- Able to understand, and clearly communicate complex legislation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel to different sites across the locality in a timely manner.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.