The post holder will work in the Haringey Rapid Response and Virtual Ward team which is part of the widermulti-agencyHaringey Urgent Care Response servicewhich supports hospital discharges and admission avoidance.
RRVW is co-located and integratedwith therapyand adultsocial servicescolleagues andaims to respond to patientreferralsin the community within 2 hours to prevent admission to hospital.
The post holder willprimarily be working in Haringey borough but may be required to see patients in other NCL boroughs.Main duties of the job
- Facilitate the early discharge of patients from the Whittington Health and NMUH inpatient wards and complete their recovery in the home environment by working collaboratively with the AEC Consultant.
- Be aware of and utilise appropriate resources within the RRVW team and in the provision of total patient To manage the team on a day to day basis, supporting junior staff with decision making and skills development.
- Act as a link nurse to AEC consultants, GPs, Community Nurses, LAS, Social Services and other relevant professional areas as necessary.
- Undertake a comprehensive baseline assessment for each identified patient in conjunction with the AEC consultant, patient, relatives, carers and patient care team.
Whittington Health serves a richly diverse population and works hard to ensure that all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the way we look after our staff. We aim to employ a workforce which is as representative as possible of this population, so we are open to the value of differences in age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, and religion or belief. The Trust believes that as a public sector organisation we have an obligation to have recruitment, training, promotion and other formal employment policies and procedures that are sensitive to these differences. We think that by doing so, we are better able to treat our patients as well as being a better place to work.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationPREVIOUS EXPERIENCEEssential
- Act as a role model in assisting to develop the practitioner role according to service demand and evolving models of care.
- Provide senior clinical advice relating to patients with complex needs to the RRVW
- Undertake duties as delegated by the Lead Matron this may include standard setting, clinical audit and benchmarking in order to ensure the delivery of effective, evidence-based care.
- Work with colleagues and users, to identify the changing needs of Whittington Health and the population it serves and promote practice that is dynamic, efficient, innovative and continuously improved in its relevance and responsiveness to the needs of clients and patients.
- Assist in developing strategic initiatives to reduce and avoid unnecessary hospital admissions and move forward community long term conditions management and integrated working agendas.
- Use information technology and ensure that relevant and up to date information on clinical and service developments are provided to agreed timescales.
- Participate in managing and co-ordinating the work of the junior staff, offering support and development as appropriate.
- Minimum of 2 years as Community Nurse/Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Nurse Practitioner
- Experience liaising/ referral to MDT and external health and social care agencies
- Line management experience
- Experience in either Acute medical ward, Emergency or Urgent Care setting
- Professional attitude
- Multi-disciplinary team working
- Able to lead and manage change
- Possess vision and commitment to the organisation
- Advanced physical Assessment qualification or willingness to work towards
- Diagnostic skills
- Community Nursing skills, or willingness to expand field of knowledge and practice
- RGN/RN (Adult).
- Physical / Systematic Assessment qualification or working towards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Minor illness qualification
- Independent Prescribing
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Stuart Crescent Health Centre
8 Stuart Crescent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.