Operating Department Practitioners and Registered Nurses. At this exciting time, are you what we are looking for?
Are you looking for a new challenge and career progression? Working with multi professional colleagues, you will become part of an expanding and transforming service. We are looking for dedicated and dynamic staff to join our experienced teams to support in the safe delivery of care and engage with the trust transformation and strategic vision. With our focus on quality, safety, transformation and service development, we are increasing our operating theatre suite and are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic people, to join our expanding theatre department delivering a 24 hour service.
Experience in the department is desirable but not essential. You will join our extensive theatre team with multiple skills to enable you to gain further knowledge and advance your career.
Applications from Newly Qualified Nurses and Operating Department Practitioners (due to qualify September 2023 or February 2024) are welcomed. This role requires: NMC registered Nurse (Advanced Diploma/Degree inAdult Health Nursing) or HCPC registered ODP (Dip (HE) OperatingDepartment Practice Base Location: Poole Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.About us
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- NMC registered Nurse (Advanced Diploma/Degree in Adult Health Nursing) or ? HCPC registered ODP (Dip (HE) Operating Department Practice
- Learning and Assessing in Practice (or equivalent teaching/mentoring qualification)
- Working knowledge of basic operating department routine and surgical specialties undertaken
- Understanding of the surgical patient pathway through the hospital
- Highly motivated
- Aware of own limitations and prepared to seek guidance if necessary
- Situational awareness and management of self and others (Human Factors)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of caring for patients with acute and long term conditions
- Able to recognise the deteriorating patient
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bournemouth and Poole Sites
Castle Lane West
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.