Gynaecology Matron- Band 8A - 3 Month Secondment
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a forward thinking Gynaecology service within Women's Health at Epsom and St Helier Hospitals. The service includes both inpatient and outpatient facilities, ambulatory gynaecology, day surgery, colposcopy, urogynaecology and assisted conception.
We are looking for a nurse with proven leadership experience and a sound knowledge of women's health to support our gynaecology team moving forward. Key responsibilities will be to ensure the nursing workforce is utilised in the most effective way and supported to provide excellent care. Support patient experience through effective management, advice and compassionate care and to ensure a multidisciplinary approach is maintained at all times.
The post holder will work closely with the wider Women's Health leadership team, including maternity services.
The Clinical Matron (CM) will have accountability for quality, staff, finance and performance of their clinical area. This will include a particular focus on ensuring that patients receive high quality, evidenced based compassionate care, and that staff and are supported and developed to deliver this and to value and respect each other in line with the Trust values.Main duties of the job
- To be a link between all gynaecology services provided at the Trust, including Assisted Conception and our Leatherhead site.
- Provide sound clinical leadership for gynaecology services
- Work closely with the Women's Health Divisional Management Team to achieve and promote the highest clinical standards and outcomes
- Demonstrate excellent clinical skills in all areas of gynaecology
-Develop exceptional working-together relationships both within and outside the organisation that promote a culture of continuous improvement in quality and safety, and assist in the implementation of the quality governance strategy
- Establish and lead effective systems within the clinical area to gain patient/client and carers' feedback on their experience of care, including the dissemination of shared learning, leading changes in practice in response to patient and family
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability for the delegated budget and effective use of clinical resources within the ward/unit acting in accordance with standing financial instructionsAbout us
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surreyand NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and issupported by over 500 volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description for the full details of the Clinical Matron post and the associated duties.Person SpecificationQualifications/trainingEssential
- Registered nurse with NMC
- Mentorship qualification
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent experience in clinical/leadership areas
- Leadership/management qualification
- Further relevant training
- Substantial post registration experience
- Experience as a clinical leader
- Experience managing HR issues
- Experience of roster creation/management
- Experience of audit/research
- Experience of budget management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work effectively in multi disciplinary team
- Able to demonstrate excellent clinical skills in relevant areas
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
St Helier Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.