The role will involve the identification of potential participants to studies eligible for inclusion on the NIHR CRN Portfolio. To provide information to potential participants about studies, and gain informed consent. The research midwife/nurse will be a point of contact for participants and health professionals and will be responsible for managing study data and the follow-up of participants. To assist in the development and implementation of the wider research agenda.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic, and highly motivated midwife or nurse to join our reproductive health and childbirth research team.
This is an exciting post which will provide an opportunity for you to develop clinical research skills. We are looking for an experienced midwife or nurse to join our research team and co-ordinate the running of research studies at Newham Hospital. The post will be based at Newham University Hospital in Plaistow but may involve occasional travel to other Barts Health NHS Trust, and external meetings.
The role will involve the identification of potential participants, providing information about studies and gaining informed consent. The research midwife will be a point of contact for participants and health professionals and will be responsible for managing study data and the follow-up of participants. Study specific training will be provided. You will also be expected to assist in the development and implementation of the wider research agenda and contribute to studies eligible for inclusion on the NIHR portfolio. .About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Midwife or Nurse
- First degree in a health-related subject or relevant experience
- Current certificate in ICH-GCP
- Experience of working as part of a team, as well as unsupervised.
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Experience of MS Office applications, in particular Excel and Powerpoint
- Phlebotomy and cannulation
- Experience of conducting or facilitating research
- Recruitment of study participants to clinical trials
- Experience of processing study samples using a centrifuge
- Knowledge and understanding of ICH-GCP
- Knowledge of current landscape of clinical trials in reproductive health
- Knowledge of current landscape of clinical trials in reproductive health.
- Good attendance record
- A flexible approach to work
- Effective time management
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Accountability - Takes responsibility for own actions and promotes good teamworking.
- Openness - Shares information and good practice appropriately
- Mutual respect - Treats others with courtesy and respect at all times
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Extremely well organised with attention to detail
- Able to work independently,and seek advice when necessary
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.