An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Mental Health Nurse to join Derby City Community Mental Health Team.
Derby City have recently undergone a period of change in line with our Wellbeing Model to enhance the way we work and improve the experience of those seeking mental health support.
You will have the opportunity to do both long and short term work, with a diverse case load.
You will be part of a friendly multi-disciplinary team, which will include colleagues from the voluntary sector, where the voice of those seeking support is at the heart of everything we do.
We actively promote professional development, with a diverse range of training.
We are proud of our open culture and our work ethics.
We value and respect each and every member of the team.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will manage their own case load, be responsible for their own time management and contribute in a positive way to the team.
You will be supported to develop skills gaps and grow your knowledge.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
The post holder will be clinically responsible for supporting the delivery of a flexible, responsive local service within Derby.
The post holder will work collaboratively with colleagues, key partners and those within the local community to develop services to meet the mental health needs of the community.
The post holder will communicate with people with a range of mental health needs, to provide and receive complex, sensitive information to people where there are barriers to understanding.
The post holder will employ a wide range of skills, building on and developing their expertise and actively seeking advice and collaboration with issues which may not be readily within their sphere of competence.
As a registered practitioner you are professionally and legally accountable under the NMC code of professional practice.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse - mental health
- Degree/ Diploma in Nursing or equivalent experience
- Membership of a nursing professional body.
- Demonstrable understanding of Mental Health disorders and treatment models
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of the principles of CPA (Care Programme Approach) where appropriate
- Awareness of Nursing assessments and interventions and outcome measures, relevant to client group
- Ability to travel across a large geographical area without compromising service delivery
- Experience of clinical supervision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post graduate experience in community
- Previous community experience - can be as a student
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Andrews House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.