So, you're eager to learn more about Operating Department Practitioner opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust.In addition to relocation expenses, here are some of the reasons to apply..
- Our theatres are the Major Trauma centre for the South West Region and specialist regional centre for services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics. At North Bristol Trust, we are proud to offer all our Theatre Practitioners (Nurses and ODPs) the same job role and access to development opportunities.
- Our multidisciplinary team receive personalised support from the Perioperative Development Team, providing bespoke training programmes and development days for theatre staff.
- Our anaesthetics and scrub practitioners have access to unique multidisciplinary training delivered by our Perioperative simulation team within a purpose built simulation facility our Clinical Simulation space.
- We are also innovating the traditional recovery approach, supporting patients during admission, pre-op and post operatively within our Medirooms. A new concept in healthcare, Medirooms combine traditional recovery, day-case, same-day and admission areas into a single patient room environment, specifically designed to enhance patient experience, improving the level of privacy and dignity that these areas were traditionally able to offer. Patients also benefit from continuity of care as they are admitted, recovered and discharged/transferred by the same Mediroom team
*T& Cs applyMain duties of the job
The main duties of the role will be dependent on the speciality you are working within. Please refer to the Job Descriptions and Person Specifications attached to this job role.About us
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, our Trust is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (such as Portishead or Chepstow.
For band 5 Registered Nurses and ODPs, relocation support may be available. Please email Nursing@nbt.nhs.uk for more information.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor a full overview of the Job Description and Person Specification, please refer to the PDF documents attached as an additional documents to this advert. Knowledge, Training, Experience and Skills Required
The post holder must be an Operating Department Practitioner or Registered Nurse who can demonstrate the following:
- Effective communication skills, verbal & written, to include report writing and record keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team.
- Effective computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service.
- Ability to undertake shift work (flexible options available)
- Contribution to team development
- Sound knowledge of the guidelines set out in the NMC / HCPC code of professional conduct and current perioperative issues
- Excellent organisational skills, proven ability to problem solve and remain calm under pressure
- Registered Nurse or ODP
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Post basic specialist qualification eg: perioperative modules, Surgical First Assistant
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of having completed training for extended roles, i.e. IV drug administration, cannulation, venepuncture, ECGs, male catheterisation pump training.
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.