We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic consultant psychiatrist to join our CAMHS team in Sutton, a leafy suburb of South West London. The postholder will join 12 CAMHS Consultants within the Trust Service Line. This is a substantive post.
The Consultant will work with the other Consultant Psychiatrist to provide clinical leadership to an established multidisciplinary Sutton CAMHS service covering the London Borough of Sutton
This post has become available due to the previous post-holder retiring.
The post-holder. will be responsible to the Child and Adolescent mental Health Services Clinical Director of SW London St George's Mental Health Trust. This post is part time for 8 PAs
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Directorate of Southwest London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust is a well-established provider of mental health services to the boroughs of Richmond, Sutton, Kingston, Merton and Wandsworth. The local Sutton CAMHS team is highly specialist comprising of family therapy, psychology, risk management nurses and DBT specialist. The team has access to trust wide services such as the DBT group program, eating disorder service, emergency services covering the 3 acute hospitals served by the Trust and an Learning Disability Service together with a Deaf Service and a Neurodevelopmental Team.Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy, mature service to provide both medical and psychological treatment for individuals and families with severe mental health needs. There will also be opportunities for the post holder to lead on service development in line with Trust principles and governed by national standards. Please change the whole sentence
The post is within a multidisciplinary team providing a community service and has close links with local authority, education and the wider borough structure. The post holder will be joining a skilled, motivated, and innovative multidisciplinary team committed to continual learning and development and will be offered excellent CPD opportunities. Closing date: Sunday 10th December 2023 (midnight) Assessment date: Monday 15th January 2024 (via MS Teams) Interview and AAC panel date: Tuesday 16th January 2024 (via MS Teams)About us
We are Proud to Belong at Southwest London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust.
We have expert services, a rich history, and a clear commitment to providing the best quality care for those with mental ill-health. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as 'good' - we aspire to be 'outstanding'.
This is a great time to join us. We are transforming the way we care for our communities to support our mission of Making Life Better Together. We have built two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital, which are amongst the best in the world. More developments are planned across our sites and services.
We are inclusive and diverse and strive to be actively anti racist. We want to attract people from all backgrounds and experiences to enrich the work we do together. We are proud to co-produce and involve our local communities in all that we do.
We offer flexible working, career development and a variety ofbenefits to enable a positive, welcoming environment in which our people and their careers can thrive.
Come and join our inclusive teams and help our patients on their recovery journey.
Additionally, we offer a number of enhanced benefits, including a relocation package available- Up to �8,000 relocation package available *terms and conditions apply*Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationKnowledge/ QualificationsEssential
- Medical leadership within the team.
- Availability within normal working hours, for urgent assessments including mental health act assessments.
- Assessments in Tier 3 usually one a week but depends on active case load
- Treatment with medication, mental state monitoring
- ADHD Shared care case load 100
- Case load non shared care 140
- CPA reviews with care coordinators / reviews with team members as agreed with the team manager
- Assessments at the local District General Hospitals for psychiatric emergencies
- Occasional psychiatric assessments outside the team base eg home visits
- Occasional GP liaison meetings
- Occasional meetings with colleagues in paediatrics and community paediatrics
- Liaison with the London Borough of Sutton childrens social care and education departments
- Participation in research as relevant to the service
- Participation in clinical governance
- Teaching of medical students
- Involvement in service planning
- Contribution to strategic meetings with partner agencies and the CCGs
- He/she is expected to be registered for and participate in continuing professional development.
- oMBBS or equivalent basic medical degrees
- oFull GMC registration
- CCT or equivalent
- Right to work in the UK
- oCCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or extensive experience in the speciality
- oRegistered General Medical Practitioner
- oAbility to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- oApproved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oDay to day responsibility of acute medical and psychiatric care.
- oExperience of working with people with mental health problems in a psychiatric setting
South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
6 Stanley Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.