Looking for a new and exciting challenge? Look no further
Bedford Community Mental Health teams (part of East London Foundation Trust) are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Mental Health Nurse to join our forward-thinking and dynamic team.
You as a post holder will be working collaboratively with all the secondary mental health services including Primary Care Mental Health Link Practitioners, the primary care services, and the Voluntary and Private Sector to contribute to providing a Recovery focused model of care.Main duties of the job
Within this team, you will have access to various career growth opportunities such as
Advance Clinical Practice training and Approve mental health practitioner course
Psychosocial intervention trainings
Regular Nurses forums and seminars- where nurses across the trust can come together, share ideas, improve practice and collaborate to fulfil requirements of CPD.
We understand that this may be your first job in the community mental health services, however we are committed in supporting our staff with their wellbeing, training and career development. Continuous professional support is given throughout your career with us and unique skills and achievements are highly recognised and celebrated Trust wide
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community to ensure our workforce is representative of the population we serve.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy or get in contact with us.Person SpecificationEducational/ QualificationEssential
- Qualified Mental Health Nurse registered with NMC
- Evidence of Continuous professional development
- Qualified Mental Health Nurse
- Educated to Degree Level
- Significant post-qualification experience, which must be within mental health services
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary environment/community experience.
- Experience of working within an NHS/Local Authority environment and an understanding of the issues/ policies/ practice within these environments.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of mental disorder and the treatment options.
- A thorough working knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and subsequent amendments
- Working knowledge of the NHS & Community Care Act, The Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and other social care & mental health legislation, policy & guidance
- Ability to assess manage complex and high risk situations effectively and to the benefit of service users and carers
- Good report writing skills and ability to compile complex case ? A/I 7 recording ad report presentation, including legal documents i.e. social circumstances reports, court reports etc.
- Ability to manage and coordinate professionals, teams and services and mobilise provision where appropriate.
- Assessment skills and the ability to compile care plans in partnership with service users, carers and others
- Assertiveness and engagement with other professionals, able to make reasoned arguments and represent own professional views and perspectives.
- Decision-making and problem solving, able to adopt creative and flexible approaches to meet the needs of service users.
- Highly developed organisational skills, able to prioritise workload and delegate effectively.
- Well-developed communication skills, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Mental Health Practice Skills and an understanding of CPA and the NSF standards.
- IT skills, experience of working with service user data systems
- Team player, able to negotiate and lead other professionals whilst considering competing views and agendas
- Able to work independently, with initiative, but to seek appropriate guidance and supervision when required.
- Self-motivated, committed and open to new ideas and experiences
- Committed to equal opportunities, and equality and diversity issues
- Anti-discriminatory & anti- A/I 8 oppressive practice
- Committed nursing values, able to recognise and deliver caring, compassionate, respectful and inclusive services.
- A commitment to leadership & change management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car driver essential and be able to travel between Trust sites throughout the County
- Full driving licence
- Flexible working according to the needs of the service and to support work/life balance and improving working lives.
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bedford Adult Community Mental Health Service
Florence Ball House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.