We are looking for a Mental Health Nurse with post registration experience who have a desire to work within a community setting.
We seek individuals who are warm and engaging and focussed on client satisfaction. You will be a good communicator, demonstrate respect and dignity. We strive to display common courtesies, listen more than we speak, explain why and act when something is not right.
The core working times for the Community Team are currently Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-5pm. We focus on empowerment and recovery for the service user and their families.
Risk assessment, formulation skills and care planning are essential. You must hold a Mental Health professional qualification applied knowledge & training in strategies to support individuals to manage their difficulties.
We would welcome informal visits with prior arrangement to meet our team.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be able to sustain a respectful, consistent and reliable therapeutic relationship with service users that enhances their ability to build social networks and work in partnership with Housing Association, Mental Health Teams, Support Networks, Primary Health Care Teams and other Statutory, Voluntary and Independent agencies, ensuring social inclusion for service users.
The post involves the provision of care to service users in the City CMHT, including comprehensive evidence based assessment and treatment using a range of appropriate interventions, based on the local and national practice guidance.
You will need a thorough knowledge of the Care Planning and be able to demonstrate expertise in risk assessment and management working in a community setting.
We are looking for experience and commitment together with a desire to make our service the best we can through innovation and collaboration with our key stakeholders.
The post will entail working with people who are experiencing severe and enduring mental ill health and enabling them through their recovery journey.
It is essential that you have good communication skills and that you operate as a well integrated member of the multi-disciplinary team maintaining a person-centred focus
You will need to have the ability to transport yourself and service users across a wide geographical area without compromising service needs.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an accountPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
- Registered Nurse Mental Health
- ENB 998 or mentorship training
- Evidence of on going professional development
- Theraputic interventions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Must have experience of working within a multi disciplinary team setting
- Experience of working with various mental health diagnosis
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within a community team
- Knowledge of Community Mental Health Framework
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Andrew's House
201 London Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.