This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time qualified Accountant to join the Financia Reporting team at Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust. We require an enthusiastic, organised and confident individual to join the team, based at Kings Court, Worcester offering flexibility of hybrid working including some working from home.
We are a team of 8 within the Finance Directorate which totals approximately 35 staff based in Worcester and this role will include line management responsibility for 3 members of the Systems and Reporting team.
As an approved Employer with all major professional bodies and FFF accredited we will support you with your CPD and future training and development needs where many training courses are on offer, on top of on-the-job support.
Join our team, we pride ourselves in providing outstanding care to patients across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We will provide you with resources to develop and progress a long-term career as well as flexibility, continual professional development as well as a wide range of wellbeing and support. If you would like to discuss informally if this is the right role for you, get in touch with Recruiting Manager which can be found on the top right-hand side of the advert.Main duties of the job
This is a diverse, hands on role, supporting the Financial Controller and team which is responsible for producing the internal and external reporting for the Trusts financial position. This ranges from corporate reporting to the Board to the submission of the annual financial statements.
The individual will be responsible for assisting with the integrity of all financial reporting and assurance that internal systems reconcile to externally reported information. The post holder will be responsible for managing, investigating and advising on complex financial accounting issues.
The role will undertake detailed work which will lead to the controlled flow and management of the Trusts cash resources ensuring that sufficient cash is always available to pay the Trusts liabilities. Furthermore, this role is responsible for supervising the maintenance of the Trusts fixed asset register, working with the Capital Finance Officer, ensuring it is accurate and reconciled to the General Leger.About us
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- CCAB qualified or equivalent and current professional membership of such a body
- Evidence of continued professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a Financial Accounts function within a large complex organisation
- Staff management experience
- Experience of report writing and Presentation
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Previous NHS Finance experience at a senior level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of line managing staff.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially in the use of Excel, Outlook and accounting packages
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
2 Kings Court
Charles Hastings Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.