A rare and unique opportunity to expand and recruit into multiple Band 6 posts is underway!! Come and join our diverse, dynamic and highly motivated theatre teams at Leicester General Hospital and be part of delivering high quality care in a fast paced environment.
We are looking for professional Theatre Practitioners, Theatre Nurses and Theatre Operating Department Practitioners ready to take the next step in their continuing professional development.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate remarkable levels of organisational skills encompassing clinical and managerial responsibilities including time management and task prioritisation. We are seeking individuals with effective clinical leadership to support and develop junior/new team members who are committed to delivering a high quality service to ensure patient care, safety and experience is the best it can be.
Staff investment offered through Leadership and development courses, Learning Beyond Registration degree modules, and cultural ambassadors to ensure equal opportunity for all to develop in their careers.
Theatre specialties and hours include the following:
- Obstetrics: 2x 12 hr shifts am/pm 24/7
- Emergency: 12.00 - 22:00 followed by on call to 08:00 Mon - Fri, 8am - 6pm followed by on call to 8am Sat & Sun
- Elective Orthopaedics: 8-6 Mon - Sat
- Urology, Gynae Day Case Specialities, Robot, Laser, Gen Surgery & Renal all 8-6 Mon - Fri
Interviews will take place on w/c 11th December 2023.Main duties of the job
- Visible clinical expertise, leading multi-disciplinary teams daily to provide direction, effective and inspirational leadership within the area of responsibility.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based care to patients.
- Co-ordination and supervision of staff involved in all aspects of clinical duties
- Deputise and manage the clinical area in absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse/Team Leader
- Participate in the effective clinical leadership and management of the team.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of services and quality of care provision to meet the needs of patients, service users and their families.
- Act as a role model mentoring, teaching, assessing and supporting students/learners on placement and participate in the education, development and mentorship of other staff.
Our new strategy, developed with the support and feedback of colleagues, patients, and partners, is our compass for the next seven years (2023-2030).
We have four primary goals:
- high-quality care for all,
- being a great place to work,
- partnerships for impact, and
- research and education excellence
And we will embed health equality in all we do - taking active steps to reduce the avoidable differences in healthcare that some people face, working in partnership with communities.
Our strategy is underpinned by newvaluesand we will work to ensure they are an everyday reality for all:
- we are compassionate,
- we are proud,
- we are inclusive, and
- we are one team
This is an exciting moment as we look to the future with clarity on what we already do well and where we need to focus our energies to make an even bigger difference for the people we serve. About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust:
http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/work-for-us/current-vacancies/ Job descriptionJob responsibilities
(Please refer to the job description/person specification for further details)Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Support Team Leader/Matron to ensure clinical environment is safe, clean, comfortable and well maintained in line with patient and public expectations.
- Ensure delivery of care to all patients when in charge meet the standards determined by the Sister/Charge Nurse/Team Leader.
- Ensure self and team members provide a personalised service to patients in accordance with agreed standards and promotes quality, diversity and rights.
- Contribute to setting, maintaining and monitoring of standards of care to optimum levels and lead improvement of care through benchmarking, audit and research.
- In the absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse/Team Leader ensure adequate support, safe mentorship and supervision of learner nurses and staff.
- Proactively seek feedback on patient and public experience in order to address concerns in a timely manner and build on success.
- RGN/- First Level/ODP
- Recognised NMC Teaching and Assessing Qualification or equivalent
Training & ExperienceEssential
- Audit experience / research skills
- Completion of Practice Assessor preparation day and evidence of recent experience in supporting/assessing learners' in practice in workplace
- Evidence of post registration education and continuing practice development
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical expertise
- Good understanding of quality, safety and risk management
- Clincal Leadership programme
Desirable Planning and OrganisationalEssential
- Use initiative with ability to lead an co-ordinate a muti-disciplinary team
- Evidence of good written and verbal communication skills
- Examples of ability to prioritise
- Evidence of successful change management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate understanding of efficient and effective use of resources where workload can be unpredictable
- Knowledge and understanding of budget responsibility to reduce waste
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.