We are looking for a Service Manager to work with the UCRs Directorate Services for maternity cover only. Delivering unplanned and urgent care.
Reporting to the Service Leads, the post holders will be required to work across these specialties in the strategic management of targets and the day to day ops management of teams including sickness, absences, rostering, job planning , governance, people and finances.
You will have responsibility for designated areas and as such will ensure that these maximise on the income potential and will support the management of resource areas to ensure efficient utilisation of these.
Our Service Managers take a lead on a designated area for service development including as follows
Main duties of the job
- Quality and Safety
- Trust pathways and integration between acute and community
- Pathways and integration with external partners such as social services and the third sector
Working with the Directorate Lead to ensure that
- performance expectations are met
- key performance targets and access targets are delivered
- action plans developed and implemented with the speciality teams
- effective utilisation of resources
- projects are delivered
- formal contracts are reviewed
- informal agreements (contracts) and reviewed
To provide management support to the Directorate.
To provide management support in the Trust's demand and capacity analysis which will determine the level of services required to be provided by the group in both clinics and home visits.
Identify areas for service development, ensuring that the workforce and job roles reflect clinical requirements and the modernisation agenda within the NHS.
Play an active role in helping ensure the Directorate meets the key Trust & Group objectives.About us
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated careorganisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises.As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding.The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives: Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve life Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of what this role entailsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level qualification
- Leadership / Management qualification
- Management qualification, MBA or equivalent.
- Training expertise
- Considerable recent general management experience in the NHS with, responsibility for operational matters including, staff management, budgetary responsibility, performance targets, waiting list management, discharge arrangements.
- Evidence of service development, change management and leading projects
- Evidence of successful change management and leading projects
- Recent experience in unplanned or urgent care
- Development and implementation of governance systems and procedures
Mental & Emotional EffortEssential
- Ability to take responsibility for the full range of management responsibilities for a number of services / departments within a Division e.g. recruitment, development, performance management, appraisal, discipline etc.
- Able to lead formal investigations into staff performance issues and make appropriate recommendations
- Able to empower and motivate staff
- Able to work across organisational boundaries
- Able to plan, organise and chair meetings, ensuring action plans are delivered
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work within an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Able to participate in a 24 hour rota for on call senior manager, taking responsibility for the site
- Ability to analyse complex information, form judgements, weigh risks and manage accordingly, often within tight timescales.
- Ability to work effectively when dealing with staffing issues that require difficult and sometimes challenging decisions, including mediation between staff.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm, knowledgeable & confident manner in liaison with others
- Able to motivate staff in sometimes difficult situations
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
SWB NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.