An exciting opportunity has become available for a Registered Mental Health Nurse working as an inpatient nurse, Adferiad Ward based at St Cadocs Hospital.
Adferiad is a 22-bedded ward, access to both female and male who require uses of inpatient services within the Newport and Monmouthshire Borough based with Adult Mental Health Services.Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without direction and supervision. Demonstrate and supervise practice and procedures to registered and unregistered nursing staff to secure effective nursing practice. To take a key role in the induction and mentorship of new and unregistered staff, and provide supervision.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To assess, plan, implement, and evaluate programmes of care for those clients allocated to the post holder by the line manager or deputy within the unit.
- To provide clinically effective and evidence-based nursing interventions for patients.
- The management, administration and storage of medication in line with ABUHB policies and procedures.
- To act in the role of patient advocate at all times with the patient being the centre of all decisions and interventions.
- To act up in absence of the immediate Line Manager for a length of time agreed with the Ward Manager
- To be the Nurse in Charge of a shift and action the appropriate responsibilities associated with the role, this would include management of sickness or other absences, delegation of duties and liaising with the Senior Nurse on on-call out of hours.
- To assist the unit Line manager in providing statistical information and participate in audit processes as and when required.
- To engage in the Preceptorship Programme for newly qualified nurses.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Good understanding of Care and Treatment Planning, WARRN and risk assessment
- Evidence of reflective practice
- Committed to professional development
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Evidence of advance practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Willing to work towards learning Welsh
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
St Cadocs Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.