Are you a skilled physiotherapist with experience of working in Stroke and Neurology? Do you want to be part of a team that can offer support through a Neurology Network, in-service training and strong supervision?
We are looking for dynamic Physiotherapists with a special interest in Neurology to join our Neurological Outpatient Service in Amber Valley and Erewash. This opportunity would be suitable for band 6 or experienced band 5 Physiotherapists with a view to progressing into band 6 whilst within the role.
You will be joining a friendly team that has a strong emphasis on high quality evidence-based care, interdisciplinary teamwork and staff well-being. We will provide you with a supportive environment to develop your skills and experience. We offer a robust structure of CPD, peer supervision and are highly supportive of initiative and service development, both within the local team and across our wider Stroke and Neurology Specialist Services. If you are keen for professional progression and personal development, this could be the job for you.
Full/part time hours would be considered.Main duties of the job
As a Senior Physiotherapist working within our service you will:
- undertake specialised, detailed, complex and accurate assessments of patients with neurological pathology and identify and carry out appropriate Physiotherapy interventions in conjunction with multi-disciplinary team aims and individual goal setting.
- actively participate in multi-disciplinary treatment planning and goal setting to facilitate collaborative care and a high quality service.
We are a well-established, supportive and friendly team who have a strong commitment to excellent patient care.
We are part of a wider developing service and we are able to offer opportunities for service development and audit.
Our purpose is to provide community health services to a patient population of over one million people in Derbyshire and Derby, as part of Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
We employ around 4,200 substantive staff, caring for patients in 11 community hospitals and more than 30 health centres, as well as in clinics, GP practices, schools, care homes and, increasingly, in people's own homes and via virtual consultations.
During the pandemic response we have led the implementation of public vaccination centres in collaboration with partners across health and social care.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of ongoing personal professional development
- Wide experience in a variety of specialties including neurology
- Experience of MDT working within the NHS
- Experience of supervising staff
- Ability to assess and treat stroke and neurological conditions
- Ability to allocate and organize own workload and support other staff and students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and manage highly specialised treatment regimes
- HCPC Registered
- Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of relevant post graduate training and experience with particular reference to Stroke, Long Term Neurological Conditions and other complex pathologies
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHSFTAddress
Ripley Hospital, Ilkeston Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.