Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist inpatient and community mental health, learning disabilities, addiction services and acquired brain injury services for the people of Liverpool, Sefton and Kirkby, Merseyside. We also provide community physical health services in Liverpool and Sefton, secure mental health services for the North West of England, the West Midlands and Wales and specialist learning disability services across Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside. Our services are currently provided from 124 sites across the North West
Applications are invited for a full-time (10 PAs + 1 additional programmed activity) Consultant Psychiatrist to join Norris Green Community Mental Health Team for adults of working age.Main duties of the job
This is an exciting time to be joining adult mental health services with the implementation of a new clinical model that isalready yielding improvements in care throughout the pathway,supported by more effective team working with primary care and adult inpatient acute are colleagues.
Mersey Care NHS FT is an innovative well led Trust, with an aspiration of Perfect Care for all of its service users, deliveredthrough a supportive Just Culture environment for staff. ForConsultant Psychiatrists it offers excellent opportunities forprofessional development, research and medical management roles. As aGlobal Digital Exemplar Mersey Care is developing digital applications to support the implementation of its 'Zero Suicide Policy' and the useof predictive analytics in mental health which will assist clinicianswith their decision making and risk prioritisation.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Division operates a total of 18 adult Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs) based in 7 community hub sites acrossthe North Mersey footprint. All adult CMHTs operate within a functional model meaning that post holders work with community patients only and are not required to maintain responsibility for inpatients, which instead come underthe care of the Inpatient Consultants.
There is an adult Single Point of Access(SPA) Team with its own dedicated Consultant and multidisciplinary team, which triages all referrals into the service. Only those referrals deemed appropriate for CMHT input following assessment are passed on to the adult CMHTs. Crisis and home treatment team is separate and referrals can be made for intensive hometreatment, weekend cover and bed management. The following additional services and teams are available within the Local Division to work alongside CMHTs:
Acute Services (including 8 x Acute In-Patient Wards, new (during 18/19) Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Teams, ED Mental Health Liaison Teams Perinatal mental health team Criminal Justice Liaison Service (operated within Courts, Police Stations and Prisons) Eating Disorder Service A& E Assessment and Liaison Teams based in the Accident and EmergencyDepartments of Liverpool University Hospitals Foundation Trust, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust with consultant psychiatrist input. Acquired Brain Injury Service Rathbone Rehabilitation Unit (low secure rehabilitation with dedicated Consultant andJunior Doctor) Psychotherapy Service and Specialist Personality Disorder Hub Early Intervention Service Older peoples Mental health service including General Hospital Liaison Services Liverpool University Hospitals Foundation Trust, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust CHART (Community Housing and Re-enablement team) works with the trust to ensure homeless and potentially homeless people with mental health problems in Sefton have access to appropriate housing, including emergency accommodation and 24-hour intensively supported accommodation.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty of General Adult Psychiatry
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Ability to work constructively in and to lead a multidisciplinary team
Academic Skills & Lifelong LearningEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service,
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Norris Green Hub
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.