An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated person to work in the day surgery unit. The Day Surgery Unit cares for Adult patients from Orthopaedics and Urology. We are currently setting a Surgical hub for Orthopaedic patients , that will see patients go home on day of surgery.
The post holder will be expected to rotate through Day Surgery Unit and pre Assessment. You will need to have a flexible approach to working . We will be going to 7 day working, so you will be expected, at times, to work weekends, once this starts.
As a member of the Day Surgery Team you will deliver high standards of pre and post operative care, working closely with pre-assessment and the theatre team, to ensure the patients receive excellent patient care.Main duties of the job
- Admit day surgery and inpatients completing a comprehensive assessment.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide safe, quality care to post-operative patients undergoing various surgical procedures.
- Safely discharge patients ensure they meet all day surgery criteria- nurse led. Ensuring patients have a clear understanding
- Be able to manage post-operative pain and nausea
- Demonstrate and apply clinical decision-making skills to all clinical specialties Liase with specialist teams to create and organise post-operative care and provide continuing care to patient's post-surgery.
- Be IV competent ,venepuncture and cannulation competent.
- Be able to be able to perform catherization when necessary and when to raise concerns regarding fluid input and output.
- To be able to perform a bladder scan, ECG's, Vital observations
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure that all information is disseminated accurately to patients, relatives, members of the multi-disciplinary team and other departments.
- Maintain patient dignity and respect, and equality and diversity as per Trust Policies.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff and create a positive learning culture by supporting skill acquisition and competency development.
- Provide teaching to all students and new staff as part of an ongoing development programme.
- Participate in local audits.
- Act up as the daily coordinator in the absence of the Ward Manager if required.
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS constitution ,support us to be an employer of choice and ultimately enables our employer to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief ,sexual orientation or other personal circumstances.
If you are interested in a career in Day Surgery and preasssessment then please apply. Surgical experience is desirable but not essential as in-house training will be provided. The post holder(s) will be expected to rotate through Day Surgery Unit and pre assessment. You will need to have a flexible approach to working and adapt to changes quickly.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse - in appropriate branch
- Diploma in Nursing
- Qualified mentor (ENB 998 or mentorship award or equivalent) or working towards
- Evidence of Post Registration development in the relevant specialty
- Qualified NVQ Assessor (A1 or equivalent) or working towards
- Management qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Minimum six months post registration experience in relevant specialty
- Experience of being 'in charge' of a shift
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Goole District Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.