An exciting opportunity for a new post of Cyber Security Manager at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Main duties of the job
- Analysis and recommendations of technical security solutions which would mitigate risks.
- Continuous development of Trust IT Security policies and processes
- Production and presentation of security reports
- Completion of national security audits on the digital elements of the Data Protection and Security Toolkit national return.
- Providing assurance and evidence that hardware and software security patching is undertaken
- Primary contact within the Trust for security alerts and responses
- Trust representative at digital security forums within the local ICS, and with external bodies
- Providing expert guidance, assistance, and education on digital security to all areas of the Trust
This role is part of the Trusts Informatics team and will be responsible for maintaining the organisations Cyber Security posture. This role will implement and manage the systems, processes and policies to cover all aspects of technical and physical security across all of the Trusts IT infrastructure assets.This highly technical role will be responsible for the overall management and performance of the Cyber Security team, which will encompass both day to day operations and project work that feeds into the wider Informatics agenda.The Cyber Security Manager will have responsibility for the implementation of Cyber Security policy and standard procedures relating to the use of IT hardware and software across the Trust.The role will involve managing small team of IT Infrastructure Technicians and the workload of the team.The role will be pivotal in evaluating and implement new Cyber Security initiatives and also act as a liaison and subject matter expert and have responsibility of providing expert advice to IT Support teams, senior management and end users.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the responsePerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar role
- Understanding the culture of the NHS
- Experience of working in a mutli-disciplinary digital team
- Experience of working in with various sources to identify cyber risks
- Expert Knowledge of Computer hardware and networking
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Knowledge of current Microsoft PC and Server Operating Systems
- Expert Knowledge of Cyber Security tools including: SIEM, Firewalls, Email Filtering, Anti-Virus,
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Batch scripting
- Knowledge of Security Patching
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge of ITIL services management
- Knowledge of Active Directory server roles and LDAP
- Knowledge of Office 365 & Azure technologies
- Knowledge of MDM technologies
- Experience of the Data Security & Protection Toolkit
- Ability to understand and interpret various sources of information and present them to all levels of the Trust
- Presentation Skills, Teaching and Training in use of IT
- Good organisational Skills
- Ability to influence people and decisions.
- Fluent user of Microsoft Office.
- Educated to Masters Level or equivalent*
- GCSE Maths and English (Grades A - C) or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NVQ II in Information Technology
- ITIL Foundation V3 or V4
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.