An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Practice Educator, with experience within an acute care setting, to work in the learning and development department at RCHT.Main duties of the job
The post focuses on delivery of:
Leading on the preceptorship course for RCHT
Supporting Internal Educated Nurse training
Clinical skills training to registered and non-registered staff
Essential/Mandatory training programmes
Manual handling training
Additionally, the post holder will undertake other teaching and learning activities that support the development of both high quality patient care and a highly skilled, competent workforce.About us
The post holder will:
Posses a mentorship/supervisor qualification on equivalent
Be able to teach and communicate with a wide variety of staff from a range of professional and occupational groups
Possess a teaching qualification/willingness to achieve this within a defined timescale
Desirably hold a current moving and handling clinical Keyworker qualification.
Analytical and Judgement skills
The post holder will be able to assess learning needs and level of competence in staff members and take appropriate action. In addition, the post holder will be responsive to concerns raised about standards of care and carry out initial action/investigations where necessary.
Planning and organisational Skills
The post holder will be able to manage, organise and prioritise their own workload taking into consideration external factors such as room availability, clinical commitments, CQC standards, recruitment processes, operational issues and requirements etc.
S/he will be able to coordinate team members and ensure that resources are available to provide a variety of learning activities on a daily basis.
The post holder will be able to work in a ward or clinical department setting and will be able to undertake practical teaching in a classroom setting.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Be guided by precedent and clearly defined occupational and professional policies, protocols, procedures and codes of conduct
Be accountable for his/her own actions, maintaining a professional approach to work
Support clinical staff in the clinical setting
liaise and support managers with training needs as required
Undertake autonomous assessment of learners in classroom settings and on a 1:1 basis and implement actions to further help with their development
Using pre-determined answer frameworks, undertake marking of clinical skills packs where necessary
Be responsive and provide guidance to staff questions about aspects of care delivery related to the training session.
Liaise with Trust staff regarding the need for changes/developments to training activities and ensure this is raised in learning and development team meetings and planning.
Identify any areas of clinical skill, knowledge or practice that may cause any concern and escalate appropriately. This may include raising an issue regarding safeguarding.
Independently lead and host corporate induction and vocational programmes, undertaking direct teaching.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Bachelor's Degree in a health related subject (or evidence of ability to study at this level).
- Possession of a teaching and / or mentorship qualification
- Possession of an Immediate Life Support / Advanced Life Support course and a Manual Handling qualification.
- Current NMC registration
- Significant post registration experience
- Recent experience in an acute medical / surgical in -patient setting or relevant other experience
- Evidence of teaching and facilitation of group and individual learning.
- Able to work independently, managing own workload, as well as in a clinical team.
- Experience within an academic setting
- Experience within a clinical teaching role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to teach and facilitate learning in both a ward and classroom setting
- Able to work clinically in an acute setting
- Able to assess competence and level of understanding
- Able to respond to individual learning needs
- Able to give effective feedback.
- Possess an understanding of change management and can relate this to the need for further learning / development.
Royal Cornwall Hospitals TrustAddress
Royal Cornwall Hospital
Learning and Development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.