This is an exciting development for EIP services in Medway, South West Kent and Dartford following recent investment to develop an At Risk Mental State Service (ARMS). This is a service working alongside EIP focussing on delaying or preventing a transition to psychosis and reducing the need for people to access other services within the organisation.
The team will comprise of a Clinical Service Manager, Psychologists, CBTp Therapists, Advanced Clinical Practitioners and Community Mental Health Practitioners. The team will provide comprehensive assessment and formulation for people aged 14 to 35 years who present who are at ultra-high risk of psychosis.
There are a number of posts across Kent and Medway in Medway and Swale, Dartford Gravesham and Swanley, West Kent, Canterbury Coastal, and Thanet.Main duties of the job
The ARMS health care professional is a key member of the multidisciplinary team who will be involved in the assessment of young people at ultra high risk of developing psychosis.
You will have responsibility to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate care. There will be a need to work with collaboratively with the service user and their families with the aim of preventing or delaying the transition to first episode of psychosis.
Working alongside psychologist and CBT therapists you will provide interventions for co-existing difficulties.About us
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Detailed job description and main Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To manage a caseload of clients with At Risk Mental States, using evidence based / client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To provide a professional contribution, supervision and advice to a multi-disciplinary team to support the delivery of safe, effective and high-quality mental health services with meet existing new policies, practice and standards.
- To act as a key worker.
- To provide leadership for students and / or junior staff, through supervision and appraisal.
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of MDT services, holding responsibility for defined projects.
- To regularly supervise students on practice placements
- To carry out MDT activities e.g. generic assessments and duty responsibilities
- To provide profession specific Assessments and Interventions for the wider team as required
- Registered mental health nurse/ Registered Occupational therapist
- Up to date registration
- Diploma working with psychosis or Thorn accredited.
- Caarms practitioner
- Minimum of 2 years post registration experience
- Significant experience of working with service users with psychosis when acutely ill.
- Significant experience and skills in clinical assessment.
- Experience of working with service users with psychosis and their carers.
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Experience of working with service users aged 14-17.
- Experience of working with Dual Diagnosis service users.
- Experience of the use of evidence-based interventions relating to the care of service users with first episode of psychosis
- Current government guidelines concerning provision of Early Intervention services.
- Knowledge of a range of interventions appropriate to the needs of service users with At Risk Mental States
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of research and key issues affecting the development of EIP services.
- An awareness of NHS Plan, NSF and clinical governance priorities
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
Various sites across Kent
Canterbury and Coastal, Thanet, Dartford Gravesham and Swanley, Medway and Swale, West Kent.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.