The post holder will be responsible for delivery, leadership, and management of a clinical team. In doing so, they will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate team performance and delivery, ensuring that they practice within their sphere of competence and knowledge. The post holder will work to organisational, professional, and regulatory body codes, standards and guidance at all times ensuring that their practice is grounded in evidence based theoretical and practical knowledge. They will be responsible for developing new and innovative service developments within their sphere of practice responding to emerging knowledge and techniques.Main duties of the job
The post holder will maintain clinical credibility demonstrated through undertaking clinical practice on a weekly basis, as agreed with their Line Manager. This will include practicing as an autonomous clinician to support service delivery, responding to social, scientific, clinical, and ethical issues in line with the values and agreed model within the service. They will be responsible ensuring the delivery of the clinical pathways appropriate to the field of work. The role will include them to be responsible for the performance and management of a clinical team within a specific service area and within the line management structure specific to service area. They will be expected to delegate, organise and prioritise resources autonomously to ensure the safe delivery of the service and making judgements in complex situations e.g., unexpected service demands.About usWorking for Leeds community Healthcare NHS Trust Who are we?
Leeds Community Healthcare provides a range of community-based health services across the whole city. We treat people in their homes, local health centres and community hospitals, and work in partnership with other local Trusts, charities and Leeds City Council.
We have a strong culture based on deeply-held values, and our focus at all times is on delivering high quality care to the people of Leeds. In our most recent CQC evaluation, we were rated Good, with our Adult Services rated Outstanding for caring.
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust encourages and supports staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best lines of defence against Covid 19.Perks of the job
Our benefits range from generous annual leave to access to NHS discount sites. Here are some of the most important ones:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Purpose
- 27-33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Highly regarded NHS Pension Scheme
- A supportive, structured preceptorship programme for all registered new starters
- Professional development opportunities including coaching, training and education support
- Salary sacrifice or lease car schemes
- Health and wellbeing including gym membership, occupational health service and priority access to mental health services
The post holder will be responsible for delivery, leadership and management of a clinical team within a specialist service area. In doing so, they will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate team performance and delivery, ensuring that they practice within their sphere of competence and knowledge. The post holder will work to organisational, professional and regulatory body codes, standards and guidance at all times ensuring that their practice is grounded in evidence based theoretical and practical knowledge. They will be responsible for developing new and innovative service developments within their sphere of practice responding to emerging knowledge and techniques.Key Responsibilities 1. Clinical
1.1. Maintain clinical credibility demonstrated through undertaking clinical practice at a frequency agreed with senior management team/head of service in the relevant field.
1.2. Practices as an autonomous clinician to support service delivery, responding to social, scientific, clinical and ethical issues in line with the values and agreed model within the service
1.3. Works to standards of proficiency identified by their professional and regulatory bodiesPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience in relevant clinical field
- Experience in the management and supervision of staff
- Experience of managing resources
- Experience of analysing data, writing reports, and presenting to various groups
- Experience of leadership and team building in practice
- Working in community or primary care-based teams.
- Experience of change management
- Experience of practical application of improvement and innovation techniques
- Professional degree or diploma in relevant field
- Post graduate learning to masters level or equivalent.
- Appropriate statutory professional body registration
- Must be willing to participate in any relevant training identified to develop skills required to carry out duties.
- Maintains a portfolio of CPD in line with regulatory body standards
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Specific CPD modules relevant to specialist field
- Leadership and/or management qualification
- Teaching, training or mentorship qualification or experience to an equivalent level
- Theoretical and clinical knowledge appropriate to service area and profession
- Highly developed knowledge of relevant current issues in health and social care.
- Demonstrates awareness of limits to knowledge base
- Knowledge of clinical governance principles, standards, and quality measures
- Knowledge of specific innovation techniques / initiatives e.g., Productive Community / Ward Series (Leeds Approach)
- Knowledge of current research methodology
- Competent IT skills in order to collect and interpret data, present reports and compile presentations in a range of contexts.
- Change management skills
- Advanced verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills including communicating complex or potentially distressing information to patients / carers, staff, and wider audiences.
- Risk assessment and conflict management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of research projects and/or clinical audit relevant to clinical area
- Knowledge of people governance policies and procedures
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Armley Health Centre
95 Town Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.