This is an exciting opportunity to join the Financial Accounting Team of our trust. With a focus on monitoring and improving the Financial Services transactions, processes and results, across both Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS FT and Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in an exciting period of transition as the teams align processes and procedures as part of a joint group structure.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our friendly team in this role, as we move towards more integrated working between the two trusts under a group structure.
Both trust's financial services are outsourced to ELFS Shared Services and within this role you will be responsible for monitoring compliance against KPI's and improving processes across both trusts to meet the needs of the service users.
Alongside this you will also have a range of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to prepare and be responsible for ensuring the Trust Scheme of Delegation matrix is kept up to date and reflected in all relevant associated systems to enable sound financial control.
Combined with many ad-hoc information and reporting requests and daily internal and external queries, you will find that very rarely are two days the same, and there are always new challenges and improvements to tackle.Main duties of the job
Within this role you will be responsible for a wide range of duties with a particular focus on Accounts Payable monitoring & improvement, the associated Balance sheet reconciliations and other related systems and tasks.
Monitoring the performance of ELFS Shared Services against agreed KPI's, investigating queries and making recommendations to improve process flow.
Managing and actively promoting best procure to pay system working with finance, trust and external colleagues to ensure best value for money.
Ensuring systems and processes are in place to enable sound financial control, investigate reasons for any deviations from recommended process, and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
Developing reports and process documents to meet the specifications of the service level agreements
Producing balance sheet reconciliations to strict deadlines, ensuring accuracy of accounting entries and investigating discrepancies and queries where necessary.
Liaising with trust staff, suppliers and service providers to resolve queries and improve processes.
Producing monthly and ad-hoc reports by manipulating large volumes of data within excel sourced from several systems and sources to provide timely and relevant information to support trust reporting to senior management.
It would be expected that a member of staff in this post would to a large extent manage and prioritise their own workload and that of support staff, to ensure predetermined deadlines are met in a timely manner.About us
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
Please be aware that all newemployees starting work with us will be charged for the cost of their DBS check, if it is required for their role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Take lead roles and liaise with ELFS Shared Services across specific project areas to improve data flows and the quality of base data, and to enhance reporting output content, integrity and presentation.
2. To assist in the review of ledger feeder systems, processes and outputs to advise on improvements and best practice. Liaise with ELFS Shared Services to ensure timely implementation.
3. To liaise with other staff outside the team and organisation to ensure that the source data received by the team is accurate, complete, timely and fit for purpose, so that ELFS Shared Services can carry out its duties effectively.
4. Investigate the reason for failure to adhere to trust policies and targets, particularly with regards to Procure to Pay Processing. Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to improve processes to allow these targets to be met.
5. Document any policy and process changes, ensuring communication and clear guidance available for use by all users of the groups financial services.
6. Liaise with Clinical Divisions and Corporate Directorates to ensure compliance with Scheme of Delegation and Governance processes.
7. To maintain the Scheme of Delegation matrix and ensure that it accurately reflects movements in reporting or postholders. Ensure any updates are accurately actioned within all relevant financial and procurement systems.
8. To carry out financial analysis and ad hoc work using financial and other data. This will include designing, constructing and refining spreadsheet and other systems to carry out tasks, and to improve the content accuracy and timeliness of reporting output.
9. To construct, check, execute and record accounting entries, to ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting and other records. This includes responsibility for the reconciliation of a number of balance sheet codes, monthly to strict deadlines.
10. To communicate with any external callers to the department, in person, via email, and on the telephone, on a full range of issues, in order to allow the functions of the Directorate to be carried out effectively.
11. To understand and apply to all tasks the principles of accounting, reporting and presentation. The post holder should also apply this knowledge to developing their own effectiveness within their role, and to improve the effectiveness of others within the team.
12. To delegate work to junior staff where appropriate and assist with supervision, support and guidance, to them in carrying out their work.
13. To carry out an ongoing programme of improvement within the team, in line with the duty to develop systems, outputs, and processes, and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. This will include encouraging and developing ideas contributed by all staff within the team, and from outside the team.
14. Any accounting, clerical or other duties at a comparable level of responsibility as required by the Directorate.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Sound academic record, including minimum GCSE Mathematics and English.
- Qualified to AAT member level, or equivalent qualification
- Part qualified/qualified CCAB
- Previous experience within an accounting or related work environment, with experience of multiple functional areas
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience and expertise in mapping and improving data flows and processes
- Experience of using financial ledger software packages
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Diana Princess of Wales Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.