The Director of Business Intelligence is responsible & accountable for all information, intelligence and reporting across the trust.
This role is pivotal in providing the trust with industry-leading expertise in the management of complex and large-scale amounts of information and ensuring that it can be used to support whole scale change and transformation within the organisation. They will be instrumental in bringing about substantial and transformative improvement to both the trust and wider NHS system through the delivery of robust, quality driven data and analysis which drives change.They will ensure the integration of timely and accurate information into the development of strategies and plans both within the LAS and with the wider NHS and partners both regionally and nationally. They will be seen as an expert in their field and will develop relationships that enhances the LAS' reputation for evidence based progress which supports the wider healthcare system for the benefit of our patients, our staff and our organisation.
The purpose is to deliver agile and responsive support across the trust and wider NHS that is of high quality and utilising cutting edge approaches to analyticMain duties of the job
The Director has responsibility for:o Delivering the trust's Business Intelligence strategy to ensure the trust is making full use of data, information and intelligence to drive operational and strategic improvement.o Driving the thought leadership for the use of integrated data and information with regional partners to establish the trusts unique position as a pan-London provider of Urgent and Emergency care.o Overseeing the use of data and information internally across the trust to ensure high levels of operational performance and the delivery of excellent patient care.o Overseeing the use of data and information across the trust to identify and realise operational efficiencies and to support the effective creation of Cost Improvement Plans and operational budgets.About us
London Ambulance Service serves one of the worlds most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital every year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 9,000 people who work or volunteer, across London to respond to the health needs of over 8 million people who live, work and travel in the capital.
We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 STPs and NHS England for our specialist services.
As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust is the busiest ambulance Trust in the UK. We are seeking someone who will fit with the Trust values of Caring, Respect and Teamwork.
Applicants are advised to read all the information enclosed in the advert and the supporting information before completing and submitting an application. As you complete your application please ensure you clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria in the person specification for this post by adequately completing the supporting information section of the application form.
For further details of main responsibilities, please see attached job description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Master's Degree, equivalent professional qualifications and/or substantial demonstrable experience in a similar role or setting
- In depth professional knowledge in a number of disciplines e.g. financial management, performance management, information systems, staff management acquired through training, qualification and experience over an extended period
- Evidence of up-to-date personal and professional development
- Post graduate management qualification/training
- Director level experience at a similar organisation in a face paced environment
- Demonstrable experience of leading technical teams and ensuring work practices are in line with organisational requirements
- Demonstrable evidence of having developed, or overseen the development of, Business Intelligence solutions in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrable evidence of having used, or overseeing the use of, advanced forecasting techniques to predict the future levels of demand and or performance
- Have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes
- Awareness and understanding of the Trust's purpose and values and of the key objectives set out in the strategic plan
- Demonstrating continuous personal development including leadership, organisation development and change management
- Ability to manage upwards and execute the plans of the trust executive in a fast paced culture
- Creating a clear business intelligence vision and translating strategies into operational plans
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Planning and prioritising conflicting demands and often short deadlines
- High level management/leadership and organisational skills
- Managing budgets
- Receiving, interpreting, analysing and communicating highly complex, sensitive and contentious information to inform decision making
- Presenting complex, sensitive or contentious information to internal and external groups, including public board meetings, in ways understandable to the relevant stakeholder groups.
London Ambulance Service NHS TrustAddress
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust Headquarters
220 Waterloo Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.