Calling all soon to be or newly qualified Band 5 dietitians! Do you want to get your dietetic career kick started in an enthusiastic and supportive team? Come and join our friendly team to gain a variety of experience in both acute and community settings.The post spans all care settings including Hospital and Community. The post holder will rotate between the hospital and community teams and have opportunities for rotations within specialties including Surgery, Oncology, Diabetes, Paediatrics and Gastroenterology. We have a number of Dietitians who provide extended roles including the Diabetes Specialist and Home Enteral Feeding Dietitians in addition to Dietitians who have supplementary prescribing qualifications.The team consists of 28 Dietitians, 5 Dietetic Assistants, Apprentice Dietitian and Admin team. We are unique in that we provide a Nutritional Prescribing service in community, prescribing enteral feeds, oral nutritional supplements, infant formula and gluten free products.We are a fully integrated service with Hospital and Community with excellent links to GPs and Hospital Specialist services. We support and encourage Continuous Professional Development and actively participate in student dietetic training with Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Universities. The post holder will be encouraged to attend the Trust wide preceptorship programme in the first 12 months.We look forward to welcoming you to this excellent, innovative, award winning team.Main duties of the job
To manage own caseload and provide high level, evidence based dietetic assessment, treatment and advice to patients and carers across a number of areas/settingsThe workload is varied and may include outpatient clinics in-patient ward work home visits care homes training and education to patients, carers, clients and health care professionalsThe post holder will also be involved in service wide meetings, audit, clinical supervision and Journal club activitiesDevelopment and efficient use of resources for the departmentAbout us
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is a combined acute and community Trust serving a population of over 260,000 with over 4,500 staff. Our vision is to always act the right way and be proud to provide exceptional healthcare to the communities of Rotherham. We are working successfully with partners across South Yorkshire as part of the Integrated Care Board where we are leading and collaborating in several key work streams and service areas, including workforce development. We combine our patient first approach with innovation and care against a backdrop of system working, as encapsulated in our Trust values
AMBITIOUS - We set high standards for the services we deliver. We aim to be an outstanding Trust and we are enthusiastic about delivering excellent health care for our patients.
CARING - We embrace the importance of giving the highest possible quality of care for our patients. We also care for each other as colleagues and for the community, our resources, our environment and our future.
TOGETHER - We value the importance of working together with patients, carers and families to ensure that we provide high quality patient centred care. We are committed to working with partners and stakeholders across Rotherham, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to develop sustainable services for the population we serve. Getting the right leaders in the Trust is critical to achieving.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, for both our patients and our workforce.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities Person SpecificationknowledgeEssential
- Knowledge and understanding of national legislation, guidance and regulatory framework including NSF, NICE, Information
- Governance, Equality and Diversity, Data Protection, Safe Guarding, Professional and Clinical Guidelines
- An understanding of Professional Standards
- Knowledge and experience of using standardised assessments and development of relevant outcome measures
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and implications for patient care
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in clinical audit and evidence gathering methods
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in the work environment and implications for service area
- Knowledge of continuous improvement through benchmarking and sharing and utilising best practice
- Awareness and understanding of relevant Health and Social Care legislation
- Recent and relevant experience within an NHS setting
- Up to date documented evidence of relevant CPD
- Experience of working within a multi professional team
- Current HCPC Registration
- Diploma/Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the county and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Employer detailsEmployer name
- British Dietetic Association (BDA) member
- Completed recognised IT course e.g. ECDL/Elite/MOST
The Rotherham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Rotherham Nhs Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.