CONSULTANT PSYCHIATRIST IN ADOLESCENT FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY ADULT / FORENSIC / CAMHS Totoal : 4PAS
We are looking for a Consultant Psychiatrists to provide clinical leadership to the Health and Wellbeing Team at HMYOI Oasis Secure School alongside the consultant Psychologist.
The post was created following CNWL's successful bid as the provider for Health and Wellbeing services at Oasis Secure School in 2014 and has continued since the recommissioning and of Integrated Healthcare services at HMYOI Oasis Secure School in 2022.
The post holder will be expected to provide direct consultant (CAMHS / forensic) psychiatrist input into the mental health care of young people undergoing assessment or treatment by the Mental health and Wellbeing Team in HMYOI Cookham Wood.
The Team receives referrals from any member of the prison staff, healthcare staff or outside agencies such as CAMHS, Looked After Children Teams etc.
Young people will be either seen in the healthcare consultation rooms within healthcare or on the residential units or education.Main duties of the job
- Assessment (including the assessment of risk), treatment, care planning and multiagency liaison for people with mental health problems in the
- Undertake Mental Capacity
- Contribute to planned emergency
- Liaison with prisons, courts, statutory and non-statutory agencies, concerning all aspects of the mental health care management of men with mental health problems in the prisons.
- To work closely with the Manager, Psychologists and other lead professionals to provide clinical leadership and ensure safe, supportive
- To liaise closely with other medical, clinical and managerial staff to provide high quality care
- Participation, when relevant, in the ACCT (self-harm / suicide prevention)
- Practice in accordance with NICE and other relevant Guidelines and CNWL Trust
- Accurate record keeping according to Trust and professional guidelines (data protection legislation and information governance standards).
- Application of the Mental Health Act including sections 48/49 and 47/49.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL) is one of the largest trusts in the UK, caring for people with a wide range of physical and mental health needs. We have approximately 7,000 staff that provide healthcare to a third of London's population and across wider geographical areas, including Milton Keynes, Kent, Surrey and Hampshire.
As a Foundation Trust we involve service users, carers, the public, staff and partner organisations in the way that we are run and our future development. If you are interested in becoming a member of our Foundation Trust please visit our website.
Our catchment area spans diverse communities, with over 100 first languages spoken. It contains areas of great affluence as well as areas of much deprivation. We are committed to providing services that meet the needs of the people who use them, and we actively encourage involvement from local people who can help make a difference.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We anticipate that the Health and Wellbeing Team will receive circa 10-15 referrals each week and hold a caseload of approximately 80 young people at any one time. There will be circa 30-40 patients subject to multi-professional/agency working under the auspices of the Care Programme Approach (incorporating Section 117 Aftercare) at any one time, though all young people will need multiagency working.
The post holder will provide specialist psychiatric advice and consultation to a range of healthcare and prison staff to promote effective delivery of mental health care.Person SpecificationEducational and professional qualificationsEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice
- On the GMC Specialist Register oApproved Clinician
- Section 12 MHA Approval
- Primary medical degree
- MRCPsych (or equivalent)
General knowledge/ experience & core skillsEssential
- CCT in Forensic or CAMHS
- Higher degree (MSc, LLM, MD or PhD)
- Management and leadership training
- Management qualification and/or extensive knowledge and expertise acquired through training and experience up to doctoral level.
- Higher specialist training with CCT in Forensic or CAMHS Psychiatry (or expected within 6 months of interview date)
- Possesses range of clinical knowledge, skills & information technology expertise relevant to post
- Exercises sound clinical risk management.
- Experience of leading a multi- disciplinary team
- Comprehensive and clear psychiatric report writing skills
- Awareness of current issues and controversies in service provision, mental health policy and legislation.
- Experience of clinical work in a prison setting.
- Experience of working with criminal justice agencies including MAPPA
- Wide experience of clinical psychiatry including the management of emergencies in secure settings.
- Experience of team working
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of Quality Improvement initiatives
- Dual CCT in adolescent forensic psychiatry or experience working in an adolescent forensic setting
- Experience of working with adolescents
- Published audit or research
- Interest in teaching and training medical and non-medical colleagues
- Experience in service development
- Leadership and management skills
- Capacity to form therapeutic relationships with service users who are in secure setting
- Evidence of based medicine training, teaching and implementation
- Training in specific and relevant therapy skills e.g. Family therapy, Multisystemic therapy, Mentalisation or DBT
- Experience in assessing and treating those with Sexually Harmful Behaviours
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enquiring, critical approach to work
- Caring attitude towards patients
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, relatives, prison officers, GPs, nurses and other agencies
- Commitment to Continuing Medical Education and the requirements of Care Quality
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to equality & diversity.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in working pattern
- Demonstrates energy, enthusiasm & initiative in pursuing innovation and the highest standards for patients, juniors, others, colleagues & the organisation.
- IT literate
- Demonstrable ability to cope under pressure
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
HMYOI Cookham Wood
Sir Evelyn Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.