Liverpool Women's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic midwife to join our Advanced Clinical Practitioner team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of experienced specialist midwives and learn about a fast developing area of midwifery.
Candidates will be able to show excellent clinical skills in every aspect of midwifery. Our service is continually changing and evolving to meet the needs of the population and ensure women and their familieshave a positive birthing experience.
We welcome innovative ways of working and new ideas. We are a very friendly and supportive team, keen to gain the best out of every midwife. Our service is proud to offer development opportunities and support career progression within the Maternity workforce.Main duties of the job
Advanced Clinical Practice incorporating expert clinical skills andautonomous decision making.
You will be required to work on a rotational basis including nights and weekend working. At all times being a role model for advanced clinical practice.
You will be competent and proficient your area of clinical practice, independently managing clinical conditions, making autonomous decisions and seeking advice when appropriate.
You will demonstrate advanced communication skills, recognise the different roles and contributions of clinical staff, and be able to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary care team.
You will evaluate your own practice ensuring that you maintain clinical skills and competency in your area of practice and work to develop your role in line with the needs and objectives of the service. You will complete yearly clinical competency assessments.About us
Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust delivers the highest standards of care for women, babies and families. Each year we deliver over 7,500 babies, carry out over 49,000 gynaecological inpatient and outpatient procedures, care for over 1,000 poorly & preterm newborns, perform around 1,000 IVF cycles and have over 4,000 genetic appointments taking place. We believe that this along with a strong dedication to research & innovation makes us the specialist health provider of choice in Europe for women, babies and families.
We have some of the leading experts in their field, which has been showcased on national TV and news, making our teams famous across the world for professionalism, skill & compassion.
The Trust is constantly innovating and evolving it's services to provide the most cutting edge and modern care possible. As well as developing services on our current site we have long-term aspirations for the future. We have recently launched a number of new strategies which provide a detailed long-term plan for our services.
Check out why Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust is a great place to work using the links below:
Online brochure: https://www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk/media/4121/recruitment-pack-great-place-to-work-16pp-v4-final.pdfJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide advanced clinical care and expertise to women in antenatal, intrapartum and post-natal areas. Providing levels of judgement, discretion and decision making to women as per individual scope of practice through advanced competency framework provided through the MSc programme. There are four pillars to the Advanced Midwifery Practitioner (AMP) role. Advanced Clinical Practice incorporating expert clinical skills and autonomous, decision making Professional leadership and management Education Training and Professional Development Research Audit and Evaluation, Practice and Service Development Clinical Practice
You will be competent and proficient your area of clinical practice, independently managing clinical conditions, making autonomous decisions, and seeking advice when appropriate.
You will demonstrate advanced communication skills, recognise the distinct roles and contributions of clinical staff, and be able to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary care team.
You will evaluate your own practice ensuring that you maintain clinical skills and competency in your area of practice and work to develop your role in line with the needs and objectives of the service. You will complete yearly clinical competency assessments.
Please see job description for full information on job role duties.Person SpecificationAdvanced Clinical Practice Skills, Knowledge & AptitudesEssential
- Significant clinical experience in Maternity Services
- Willingness to perform and/or learn additional advanced clinical skills appropriate
- Has a sound level of knowledge in relation to invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- NLS Qualification
Leadership and manage mentEssential
- Experience in using maternity IT systems such as K2
- Evidence of leadership at local level
- Ability to manage a team of patients and prioritise workload
- Operational knowledge of adjacent services
- Team building skills and ability to manage emerging practitioners'
- Experience within adjacent services
- Leadership qualification / course
- First degree in relevant subject
- V300 - Non-Medical Prescribing course
- Registered Midwife
- Teaching and Assessing 998/997 qualification
Research and AuditEssential
- Qualification evidencing evidencing all 4 pillars of advanced practice capability and assessed in practice.
Desirable Personal AttributesEssential
- Clinical audit experience
- Research Skills
- Drive to improve the service
- Flexible and responsive to the changing needs of the service
- Highly motivated self-directed practitioner with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
- Well-developed facilitation and influencing skills, effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Team Player
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to lead a team to support effective safe clinical care
Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Liverpool Women's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.