We are pleased to advertise the position of operational lead for Smokefree Services. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with the relevant experience, leadership and operational skills to undertake service delivery responsibility across our Northwest Smokefree services. Main duties of the job
This will include ensuring the service is safe and effective, delivers on all performance targets and achieves positive outcomes with clients. The operational Leader will oversee the on-going development of evidence-based interventions in order to meet the needs of the communities we serve. It is vital that the post holder has effective leadership qualities, can support, and manage change, has a proactive approach to communication and is skilled in developing links and maintaining partnership arrangements with stakeholders.
For more information, please contact Nicola Cartwright, Wellbeing Programme Lead on 0151 426 7462 or email email@example.comAbout us
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeople
and we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcare
to thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached to this job advert for full details on the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in public health/health promotion or evidence of working practice/education to degree level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Post graduate qualification in Public Health/Health Promotion or related subject or Equivalent level of experience of working within public health sector at a senior level
- Knowledge of current public health agenda/policy/strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of behavioural change methodologies
- Knowledge of factors, which influence health behaviours e.g. physical, social, cultural, psychological
- Theoretical knowledge of public health models and approaches (specifically stop smoking and tobacco control) especially in the following areas: health policy, project management, monitoring and evaluating health improvement activity, presentation and report writing skills
- Knowledge of current public health recommendations, research evidence, good practice - specifically linked to service area
- Knowledge of stop smoking intervention delivery
- Knowledge of HR policies/procedures
- Significant demonstrable experience of recruiting, training and supporting people - either directly managed staff and/or non managed staff
- Demonstrable experience of operational management/ development experience - including staff management
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating health promotion/public health activities
- Strong networking and partnership working skills
- Demonstrable experience of working on initiatives / services to promote health, in partnership with other agencies
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of coordinating publicity activities/events
- Experience of budget management
- Demonstrable experience of design, delivery and evaluation of public health interventions
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Knowsley Smokefree Service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.