At University Sussex Hospitals Foundation Trust, we are committed to providing exceptional healthcare services to our community. Our state-of-the-art acute hospital in Brighton and recently renovated facility in Haywards Heath are dedicated to delivering comprehensive medical care, and our department plays a critical role in ensuring the well-being of expectant parents and their families.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Lead Obstetric Sonographer to join our ultrasound. As the Lead Obstetric Sonographer, you will be responsible for overseeing our ultrasound services for pregnant patients, leading a team of dedicated sonographers, and contributing to the delivery of high-quality patient care.Main duties of the job
About us Join us at UHSussex , every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of sonographers, ensuring efficient workflow and adherence to protocols.
- Collaborate with obstetricians, gynecologists, and other healthcare professionals to provide accurate diagnostic information.
- Provide patient education and support during ultrasound procedures, addressing questions and concerns.
- Stay updated with advances in ultrasound technology and techniques, implementing best practices.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient care and departmental efficiency.
- Developing and updating departmental policies and procedures.
At UHSussex we're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years. Improving lives:
We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves. Build a career with us:
As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you doJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all staff members are respected, valued, and provided with equal opportunities to excel in their careers.
- We offer a range of continuous learning and development opportunities, including access to training programs, workshops, and conferences. Our aim is to support your growth, enhance your skills, and empower you to reach your career goals.
- Join a team that operates within modern, cutting-edge facilities, equipped with advanced medical technology and resources to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients.
- Our collaborative work environment promotes teamwork and knowledge sharing across various specialties. This culture allows for interdisciplinary collaboration, enriching the patient experience and your professional growth.
- We provide clear pathways for career progression, enabling you to advance within your chosen specialty or explore new avenues within the healthcare sector.
- Your health and wellbeing matter to us. We offer support services and resources designed to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance and promote your overall wellbeing.
- We value your time and understand the importance of achieving a balance between your professional and personal life. Our flexible work arrangements and comprehensive leave policies are designed to support your wellbeing
- Perform obstetric ultrasound examinations, including fetal anatomy scans, growth assessments, and Doppler studies.
- Maintain and calibrate ultrasound equipment, ensuring safety and optimal performance.
- Keep accurate and detailed patient records, maintaining confidentiality and data integrity.
This job attracts a recruitment and retention premium of 10%.Person SpecificationValid registrationEssential
Knowledge, skills and experienceEssential
- Has either HCP, NMC or other registration pertinent to role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- CASE accredited ultrasound qualification
- FASP license
- Significant experience in writing policies, procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of broader healthcare economy
- Up-to-date with latest evidence and best practice guidance for obstetric ultrasound
- Has experience in managing complaints and investigating incidents
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
Royal Sussex County Hospital / Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.