Wexham Park Hospital as part of Frimley Health Foundation Trust is delighted to offer an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive midwife who is passionate about delivering high quality service to women and their families. An opportunity has arisen to support the perinatal mental health and safeguarding midwifery services. This role provides a unique opportunity for personal, professional and service development working alongside the multi-disciplinary team.Main duties of the job
As a band 6 midwife working within the perinatal mental health and safeguarding maternity services, you will provide maternity mental health care to pregnant and newly delivered women. You will also support the lead midwife for safeguarding in the provision of advice and expertise, to external professionals such as the police and children's services on health matters related to safeguarding within the maternity setting. The role will include provision of education, advice and supervision/support for clinical and non-clinical staff in caring for women and families in relation to all aspects of mental health and safeguarding.About us
Frimley Health is a great place to work and progress your career in the Midwifery profession. We are the 4th largest trust to deliver maternity services in England, with a dedicated Head of Midwifery at both sites, a team of Matrons and Practice Development team to not only support you, but enable our Midwives, Support Workers to deliver high quality care to all our women and progress the National Maternity Transformation Agenda.If you join our team you will have access to excellent opportunities including:
*Comprehensive Mandatory training programme *Developmental programmes for all members of the team that are individualised depending on need*Leadership development at all levels*Trust supported development opportunities*Career progression & development*Support for Masters/further study*Involvement in national research projectsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- The post holder will assist the lead midwife for perinatal mental health to co-ordinate and manage the day-to-day maternity mental health provision of all pregnant and newly delivered women within their care.
- To support the named midwife in the provision of advice and expertise for fellow professionals within the Trust and other agencies, such as the police or childrens services on health matters related to safeguarding within the maternity settings.
- All midwife practitioners will be Registered Midwives, accountable for their own midwifery practice and will be able to fulfill the following role through the ability to make decisions with current protocols and principles of care in compliance with the NMCs Midwives Rules and code of Midwifery Practice.
- The post holder is required to take responsibility as a prime care provider in either the hospital setting. She/he will be confident in providing midwife led care.
- The post holder will undertake the role of specialist midwife in accordance with National Guidance NICE and RCM ensuring that professional practice is underpinned by the principles of the National guidance Antenatal and postnatal mental health: clinical management and service guidance (NICE Clinical Guideline 192, 2014)
- There is a clinical element of this role, therefore an ability to work in all areas of the maternity service is required.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Perinatal mental health and safeguarding courses
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.