An exciting opportunity has arisen on Ward 6 at The Northumbria. We require an enthusiastic, highly motivated band 5 registered nurse to join our team.
Ward 6 is a 19 bedded innovative and forward thinking Acute Elderly Admissions Unit. Patients are admitted via the Emergency Department to Ward 6. There is a strong focus on multi-disciplinary care to ensure safe and effective patient discharges or transfer to the appropriate place of care.
The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a dynamic nursing team delivering all aspects of care to patients. Previous experience in a similar setting is desirable, but not essential. The post will be fully rotational day/night duty and cover seven days a week.
A wide range of clinical experience will be gained on this ward, with scope for staff development. You should be committed to working effectively as part of a multi-professional team and have excellent communication skills.Main duties of the job
The main purpose of the role is to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care working as a member of the multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Ward Manager.
You will also be responsible for the organizing and co-ordination of the nursing services in the absence of senior staff and to maintain high clinical standards.
The successful post holder must be able to role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within the Trust
All newly qualified staff, staff returning to practice after an extended break or staff working for the NHS for the first time, will be expected to undertake the Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Preceptorship Programme. This is a level 6 Accredited Work Based Learning Programme delivered in association with Northumbria University and full participation is mandatory.About us
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, covering one of the largest geographical areas of any NHS trust in the country. Leading in innovation and quality - opening a state of the art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. Do you want to work in one of the best performing NHS organisations in England? Work in an organisation that supports its staff and focuses on staff experience as much as it does the experience of its patients? You can live and breathe in an area that has the cleanest air, cost effective living, great nightlife, some of the best schools with a wealth of history available on your doorstep. Sound too good to be true? Well it isn't, this is what you get when you work for Northumbria Healthcare, this is the Northumbria Way!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care, working as a member of the ward team, under the direction of the Ward Manager
- To be responsible for the organising and co-ordination of nursing services in the ward/department in the absence of senior staff on a regular basis
- To exercise accountability as set out in the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- To be responsible for all nursing care standards and to maintain high clinical standards
- To role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within the trust. This means demonstrating a consistent leadership style which (a) engages, enables and empowers others (b) uses coaching to promote ownership of learning and quality improvement and (c) facilitates team working and collaboration within teams / departments and across organisational boundaries.
- 1st Level live NMC registered Nurse
- Evidence of qualification to undertake the supervision, teaching and assessing of students (essential requirement for post, expectation this will be completed within an 18 month period).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post Registration qualification in specialty
- Diploma/degree in nursing
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.