We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic, motivated, compassionate and enthusiastic Band 5 nurse to join our Mid Beds Community Nursing team. We welcome newly qualified nurses or someone looking for a new avenue to challenge them professionally. We are a friendly and supportive team who are committed to delivering quality care to people in their own home.Main duties of the job
The post is to join the Community Nursing Team in Ampthill, Shefford or Biggleswade. We are passionate about patient centred care, support our nurses to lead and deliver excellent compassionate nursing and value our clinical teams as the heart of the NHS. You will work closely with members of the MDT to deliver care to patients with complex needs. You will be involved in Urgent Response and Virtual Wards, which are a focus for our community teams. The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff, who will make a positive contribution to the service. If you want a career which brings a new challenge every day, gives you the opportunity to test your ability to think quickly, solve problems, assess and treat patients within the place they call home, then Community Nursing could be the team for you. This is an exciting opportunity if you are thinking about joining community nursing or gaining new experiences. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated nurses. Experience in the field of adult community services is desirable but a willingness to learn and contribute is more important.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Training and support to gain competencies and skills will be provided. Service operates between 08.00 to 21.00 hours and successful candidates will work a variety of shifts, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays. Car driver and access to a car in order to carry out duties is essential. Post is permanent / fulltime. Part time hours would be considered and can be discussed at interview.Person SpecificationOtherEssential
Education/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- oCurrent UK driving license and access to a car
- oAbility to travel across sites and across Trust boundaries to meet patient needs and attend meetings, etc.
- oRegistered General Nurse
- oDemonstrate evidence-based practice and up-to-date clinical skills.
- oEvidence of post-basic professional development
- oPost-registration qualification in a relevant clinical field
- oRelevant teaching/mentorship qualification or commitment to undertake
- oPost-registration nursing experience, including community experience
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- oEvidence of and commitment to multi- professional working.
- oUnderstanding of the interface between primary and secondary care.
- oComprehensive understanding of the roles of others in health and social care
- oLiterate in IT/Computer Skills
- oEvidence of knowledge of clinical governance.
- oKnowledge of the principles of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Children.
- oKnowledge of the principles of health promotion and prevention of illness.
- oGood oral communication skills based on fluency in English language.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oDemonstrate an understanding of national government initiatives in health care.
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mid Beds, Biggleswade, Ampthill and Shefford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.