The post holder will work in the Islington Rapid Response and Virtual Ward team which is part of the widermulti-agencyIslington Urgent Care Response servicewhich supports hospital discharges and admission avoidance.
RRVW is co-located and integratedwith therapyand adultsocial servicescolleagues andaims to respond to patientreferralsin the community within 2 hours to prevent admission to hospital.
The post holder willprimarily be working in Islington borough but may be required to see patients in other NCL boroughs.Main duties of the job
- Demonstrate specialist theoretical knowledge of complex acute and long-term pathologies and impairments in the assessment of clients.
- Work closely with other health professionals and social services and provide specialist Occupational Therapy advice in meeting the needs of the clients.
- Conduct a thorough holistic Occupational Therapy assessment of clients, obtaining consent in accordance with professional guidelines and local team procedures.
- Recommend appropriate interventions to promote functional independence and safety, utilising effective clinical reasoning skills and evidence-based practice.
- Complete individual plans of care for clients who require input from integrated community services bed-based or home-based rehabilitation input.
- Maintain effective multidisciplinary communication with other members of the team and the wider clinical network to ensure that client's needs are met.
Whittington Health serves a richly diverse population and works hard to ensure that all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the way we look after our staff. We aim to employ a workforce which is as representative as possible of this population, so we are open to the value of differences in age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, and religion or belief. The Trust believes that as a public sector organisation we have an obligation to have recruitment, training, promotion and other formal employment policies and procedures that are sensitive to these differences. We think that by doing so, we are better able to treat our patients as well as being a better place to work.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Participate in MDT meetings and complex family conferences.
- Ensure management of clinical risk with complex patients.
- To be able to identify when and how to terminate involvement or refer onwards to appropriate teams/services and complete input in a timely, seamless manner.
- Seek guidance from more experienced colleagues when required.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care.
- To be a competent practitioner and to be able to assess a referred patient at first point of contact.
- To manage complex clinical situations, demonstrating clear clinical reasoning from own observations and interventions to enable safe, timely transfer of care to community services.
- To prevent unnecessary hospital admissions by responding to LAS, GPs, community colleagues and actively identify patients in conjunction with health colleagues from the Emergency Department, Clinical Decision Unit, and short stay wards.
- Hold a recognised degree or diploma in Occupational Therapy.
- Current HCPC registration
- Minimum of 2 years post qualifying work experience in an NHS or Social Care setting
- Work experience in an in-pt acute physical work setting, community setting or social care setting.
- Experience of supervising support staff, or students and completing/contributing to the appraisal/marking process.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate work appropriately to manage a busy and varied caseload.
- Proven skills in therapeutic handling and the ability to undertake risk assessments in relation to service users handling requirements. Safe and effective use of moving and handling equipment
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Hornsey Rise Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.