Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in job description and person specificationMain duties of the job
The Rapid Response service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are you a dynamic, flexible, innovative and motivated experience Community Nurse, Nurse practitioner with Community experience or Paramedic? Clinical expertise and good communication skills are required as well as excellent time management and prioritization skills to provide care to this group of patients living within their own home or within Croydon Care homes.
The post holder will require advanced assessment skills and have the ability to prescribe a plan of care that will support patients with complex needs through an acute episode in the community in order to avoid a hospital admission. The candidates will need to be motivated and innovative with strong leadership and communication skills, to support the development of community services and will also work within the local virtual ward.
Please note that, should this post attract sufficient interest and we are inundated with applications, we may choose to close at an earlier date. We strongly suggest that you apply at an early stage. If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date of this post, please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact: Operations Manager, Aisling Vaugh on 0208 274 6445.About us
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
These include:o Croydon University Hospitalo Purley Hospitalo The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heatho Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodsideo A minor injuries unit in New AddingtonThe Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.Our Vision:Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need itOur 5 key 'Here for you' promises to the people of Croydon are:o You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staffo You feel in safe hands with highly professional staffo You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicianso You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to homeo You feel it's getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of Listening into Action as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to Listening into Action is new and different.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationEDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
Desirable KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDINGEssential
- Registered General Nurse with current NMC registration
- Community nursing qualification e.g. DN, HV, Practice nurse or Advanced practitioner qualification.
- Completion of or willingness to undertake Independent ( V300) prescribing study.
- Awareness of current professional nursing and NHS issues
- Evidence of up to date knowledge and skills in long term conditions
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Awareness of current healthcare issues, policies and implications for practice
- 5 years post qualification experience
- Recent experience in Management of staff
- leadership course and evidence changing practice.
- Experience in the management telehealth within the community setting
- Evidence of advanced clinical skills i.e. Physical assessment, decision making and psychological therapies.
- Capable of working and making decisions under own initiative
- Coach and mentor junior staff in clinical skills.
- Evidence of innovative practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car driver, current UK licence and access to car for work purposes.
- IT skills
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
12-18 Lennard Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.