This is a Trust wide contract with the expectation that the post holder will be required to cross cover with the other sites within ULHT. The post holder, as a member of the Orthopaedic multi-disciplinary team, is responsible for providing a service to all departments and wards within the hospital, relating to all casts and braces including those that are complex, specialist and routine. The post holder will manage this service working supervised and taking responsibility to ensure that all patients receive a high quality service at all times.Main duties of the job
- Application and removal of casts, specialist bracing and splints for both adults and children to include those that are complex, routine and non-routine as prescribed by the clinician.
- Application of specialist casts in theatre as necessary.
- Provide patient specific casts alongside the diabetic service
- Modification of casts/splints as required
- Works alongside clinical activity whilst also incorporating patients from the wards and theatre .
- Removes clips/sutures and k-wires as instructed by clinician as per patients care plan.
- To assist with the removal of external fixators.
- Applies bandages, tubi-grips and slings as instructed by clinician.
- Removal and application of simple wound dressings as appropriate in order to assist with care delivery as per training protocol. Wound or tissue viability issues to be reported to the appropriate members of the team.
- Maintains excellent communication links with multidisciplinary team to promote a high standard of patient care.
- Communicating with each patient as an individual explaining specific information, advice and care.
- Inputs data collected in relation to patient activity, in order that statistics may be compiled accurately.
- Transmit, store and retrieve information from within the hospital computer system.
- Update patient's records as required following treatment.
- Assists in the manipulation of fractures to reduce need for theatre admissions .
Our Trust is situated in the beautiful county of Lincolnshire and is one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in England, serving a population of more than 700,000 people. We provide acute and specialist services to people in Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We have an annual income of �643 million (20/21) and we employ nearly 8,500 people.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
Our latest CQC report increased our ratings for being effective and well-led from 'Requires Improvement' to 'Good'. Our rating for caring remained as 'Good'.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years.
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciatedJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat should you do next?
Have a look at the job description and if you like what you see then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. your NHS needs you!!!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current BOA Casting Certificate
- Current BOA Casting Certificate
- able to demonstrate good leadership skills
- committed to ongoing personal development
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- previous outpatient experience
- previous orthopaedic experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- experience in leading a team of people
Employer detailsEmployer name
- competent in a variety of computer systems
- experience of nursing children in an outpatient setting
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Lincoln County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.