Senior Research & Innovation Project Facilitator
Salary: �35,392 - �42,618 per annum/pro rata
Interview Date: Thursday 30th November 2023
We are recruiting for a Research & Innovation Project Facilitator
who shares our ambition and vision to deliver the Best of Care by the Best People
and has the drive to take us forward, by ensuring that the Trust continues to be the first choice for patients and our staff.
The Senior Research & Innovation (R& I) Project Facilitator is responsible for developing and drafting research and innovation project proposals, including their 'prerequisites' such as evaluations, audits and/or or quality improvements.Main duties of the job
Our values are B
very Person Counts, S
haring and Open and T
ogether. It is important that you understand and to refer to our values when completing your application and always reflect our values throughout your employment with the Trust.
We are committed to endorsing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion our policies / procedures ensure that all applicants are treated fairly at every stage of the recruitment process.
To contribute to our exciting future and become part of our team, apply today.
The main purpose of the role is to support development of 'home grown' research portfolio. This includes assisting Trust staff with protocol writing, literature search, obtaining relevant regulatory approvals etc. Also delivering associated activities such as training sessions, conferences, intranet content maintenance and similar.About us
Here at Medway, we pride ourselves on working together as one to ensure that our shared vision of Better, Best, Brilliant is achieved. Our culture and values are what drives the Trust and is the heartbeat of who we are as an organisation.
Our Trust is a great choice for people who want to develop their career in an ambitious environment.
Would you like to work flexibly? In the NHS, we are reminded every day of how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement which will not mean sacrificing time for personal interests or family commitments. We aim to support you to work flexibly in a way that will suit you and us.
All of our substantive & fixed term employees can enjoy a range of staff benefits, a gym, an active health and wellbeing programme, an on-site nursery and a cycle to work scheme.
We are taking positive action to ensure that we can attract, recruit and retain the best talent and would welcome more applicants from under - represented groups to support the Trusts commitment to a diverse, inclusive and an employer of choice workforce.
All staff at Medway comply the Trust's and the Kent and Medway Safeguarding Board's policies on safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Prepare and write R& I projects and their prerequisites such as evaluations, audits and/or or quality improvements.
Advise and aid Trust staff in all aspects of obtaining local and regulatory approval
Liaise with the local academia and other institutions to promote, support and manage development of Trust R& I project
Engage in relevant meetings such as the Monthly General Meeting, Research Operational Group (ROG) and Research and Innovation Governance Group meeting (RIGG) and being a point of contact for staff and potential co-applicants.
With relevant oversight, support and manage Trust Intellectual Property (IP) project
Promote R& I within the Trust and to the public
Actively engage in monitoring and/or auditing of Trusts R& I projectPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Good level of education
- Preferably PhD in Health relevant subject or working towards it.
- A significant working experience in research pharma or other health/research related institution will be considered
- A sound understanding of health research in the UK
- Good knowledge of Research Governance Framework, Medicines for Human Use Regulations and Good Clinical Practice, legislation regarding safety reporting and pharmacovigilance and Health Research Authority (HRA)
- Demonstrable experience in being able to write clearly, concisely and accurately about potentially complex issues
- Proactive in keeping abreast of developments by reviewing academic literature and policy documents
- Experience in literature review, reading and understanding medical articles, publishing
- Experience of conducting formal project evaluations and/or research projects
- Advanced Experience in protocol writing.
- Have some publications
Value Based QuestionEssential
- Proven ability to rapidly and accurately review academic literature on a given topic
- Demonstrated ability to clearly present complex and sensitive information to a range of audiences in written and oral form, i.e. reports and presentations
- Ability to think laterally and critically, plus challenge and enquire whilst maintaining constructive relationships
- Skills of diplomacy, tact and political sensitivity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Give an example of a time where you have demonstrated a 'can do' attitude (including the situation you were in) and the outcome
Medway NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Medway Maritime Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.