Clinical Academic Link Tutor for Faculty of Research and Clinical Education
Are you keen to join a multi-disciplinary team providing support within the clinical areas to staff and students to develop evidenced based care, clinical competences and sound research practice? The Faculty of Research and Clinical Education at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust are looking to recruit a Clinical Academic Link tutor to support our students. This exciting role will work in partnership with Wolverhampton University.Main duties of the job
The primary purpose of the role will be to facilitate and promote nursing and clinical practice standards within the division and across the trust to assure the quality of placement learning provision for students studying at the University of Wolverhampton is in accordance with professional body requirements. Successful candidates will be based 50% in clinical practice and 50% in university ensuring good partnership working and collaboration whilst bridging the theory practice gap.About us
This role will provide skills and expertise in specialist areas and academic support for education and development at all levels of staff. The post holder will support student placements for all learners and enhancement activities associated with the provision of quality placement environments. They will support with post registration clinical education within the clinical areas. The post holder will work alongside other roles within the Faculty of Research and Clinical Education to support education initiatives and training.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holders will significantly contribute towards the recruitment to the research portfolio at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust. They will assist the Research and Development Manager & Post Registration Matron, in ensuring that clinical trials and research are delivered to a high quality, effectively, efficiently and compliant with GCP and other legislative requirements. The post holder will be a point of contact and resource for research within the clinical areas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic registrant who would like to use their skills supporting learners to develop best clinical practice.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registration
- Evidence of continuous personal, professional and academic development to degree or equivalent level
- MSc or evidence of level 7 qualification
- PGCE or evidence of Teaching/Training experience
- Research qualification or equivalent experience (minimum 5 years preferable)
- Adult/ Child on NMC register
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously within codes of practice and guidelines
- Ability to work across different organisations, specialities, and clinical areas, integrating with multidisciplinary staff in relation to research, clinical skills development and support for students
- Ability to present learning to students using a variety of learning approaches
- Ability to support and co-ordinate local clinical research and professional development activities.
- Flexible, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Competent in the use IT, databases and Microsoft Office
- Teaching skills
- Experience of collaborating with other agencies
- Knowledge and experience of handling complex relationships
- Significant experience of management & supervision of junior staff or learners.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and co-ordinate work.
- Ability to maintain concentration whilst working to a high degree of precision for research activities, clinical teaching and classroom based lecturing.
- Ability to manage an unpredictable work pattern with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle distressing or emotional circumstances such as patients with terminal illness, challenging behaviours, rare abnormalities/dealing with staff and students where changes to practice are indicated.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
- Able to meet the pressures and emotional demands of the post
Walsall Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Walsall Manor Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.