Are you an enthusiastic and experienced qualified Health Visitor?
We are a seeking a motivated and proactive Band 7 Clinical Team Coordinator to lead our Children with Complex Disabilities Team in Solent NHS Trust in Portsmouth city..
We are an integrated 0-19 service with the Local Authority and work with the wider multi-agency and multi-disciplinary childrens workforce to identify need and provide timely intervention at the earliest opportunity.
You will be supporting the Public Health 0-19 Operational and Clinical Lead with service development and driving forward further integration with the Local Authority. We are looking for create a seamless and flexible 0-19 service that undertakes whole family working with the focus on the right person with the right skill set supporting the family at the time they need it.
This exciting role requires an individual with a strong clinical background as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Health Visitor) with experience in working with families with children with complex needs. You will have enhanced leadership and management skills with a passion for safeguarding and improving services for children and families.
There is a comprehensive induction framework to support you into this management role. You can expect regular line management, clinical and restorative supervision from a supportive management team.Main duties of the job
- To lead and co-ordinate the TEDS Specialist health visiting team ensuring support and advice is targeted to needs of the child and that best practice and training opportunities are shared across services and agencies
- To work with health practitioners to promote best practice in SEND/disability across the service and ensure that appropriate support mechanisms are in place for relevant staff groups to enable this to move forward
- To develop and deliver specialised training to Health Visiting staff in relation to disability and enable delivery of evidence-based practice
- To participate in national, regional and local health promotion campaigns related to SEND
- Lead on specific Public Health projects developing action plans and regular progress reports
- To oversee the education/training programme for all associated staff based on evaluation and research findings, to work in partnership with other education training providers where appropriate.
- To maintain specialist, SEND/disability knowledge by taking part in continuing professional and personal development as identified through the appraisal process
- To ensure equitable service offered to all families with children with additional needs.
- Provide monthly clinical individual supervision across the skill mix. This may be more frequent depending on level and needs of families being referred to the team.
- Individual supervision to support members with fully utilising skill mix.
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description* Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered nurse or midwife
- Registered Health Visitor with SCPHN qualification
- Qualified to degree or master level
- Evidence of further recent study
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment
- Experience of working with client groups
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
- Experience of working in a constantly changing environment
- Experience of working with voluntary organisations
Solent NHS TrustAddress
Portsmouth Civic Offices
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.