**Previous applicants need not apply.**
An Exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly regarded and established team based at Peterborough City Hospital. We are a PLAN accredited team.
We will recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Clinical Nurse Specialist or Social Worker to join our Psychiatric Liaison Team, predominantly covering the Emergency Department.
We are a diverse team with a broad skill set. We are driven by a passion for excellent patient care, which we support with a comprehensive and continuous departmental academic programme.
We have regular case-based discussions and have developed a culture of reflective practice. We would encourage any applicants or those considering application to get in touch to discuss the role and to see the service. Main duties of the job
The Liaison Psychiatry Service at Peterborough City Hospital has close links with the broader mental health services provided by the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT the Trust). There are wide-ranging opportunities for training and development both within CPFT and Liaison Psychiatry.
This role will assist in the delivery of a high-quality Liaison Psychiatry Service within Peterborough City Hospital in keeping with the visions and values of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.
The position is primarily based within the Emergency Department but will also include responding to referrals within the general inpatient acute medicine wards.About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
- To conduct Biopsychosocial and risk assessments for individuals presenting in the Emergency Department with mental health problems and admitted to inpatient wards at Peterborough City Hospital.
- Provide a high level of clinical expertise in the assertive management and assessment and care of patients presenting with mental health problems.
- Ensure that care is based on the assessment of care needs, and includes a thorough risk assessment and risk management plan.
- Ensure good communication with other members of the Liaison Psychiatry Service as well as general hospital staff about changes in care plans.
- To liaise with other agencies caring for patients, including community mental health teams and GPs to provide clear plans for all patients, particularly frequent attending or high risk patients.
- To organise and provide training in psychiatry, including mental health awareness
- Registered Mental Health Nurse or equivalent professional registration
- Evidence of relevant post registration training and development.
- Mentor for Student Nurses or willing to complete training if appropriate for registration
- Independent and supplementary Prescriber
- Community and in-patient experience in mental health services.
- Considerable experience in the assessment and management of clinical risk.
- Experience in the planning and delivery of training and practice developments to staff.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competent IT skills including word, outlook, excel and power point.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively, meeting expected deadlines.
- Advanced interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to communicate and work with a wide range of professionals.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Liaison Psychiatry, Peterborough City Hospital
Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.