The Endoscopy service within the Abdominal Medical and Surgery CSU are seeking to recruit a full time (37.5 hours) permanent, highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Business Manager to join our team in Leeds. Abdominal Medicine and Surgery is the largest CSU in the Trust and we aim to deliver the highest quality service for our patients. We are committed to working in line with the values described in the Leeds way to make work rewarding as well as challenging.
You must have a good range of interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to develop and motivate a team effectively. You will have line management responsibility for administration staff supporting several services.
This role offers excellent opportunities for someone to develop their skills across a range of services. You will be expected to manage admin teams effectively to meet the changing needs of the service and be flexible in response to pressures on service demands.
If you feel you can contribute to the trust's vision to be the best for specialist and integrated care, and our goal to be the best CSU within the trust, then we would love to hear from you and would welcome your application.
For an informal discussion please contact:
Siobhan Jones, Service Manager for Gastro & Endoscopy - Siobhan.Jones5@nhs.netMain duties of the job
The post holder has line management responsibilities for the admin teams in the business unit and leads initiatives and support offered by this team across the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust. The post-holder works closely with the Business/Service Manager for the Business Unit and other relevant departments to ensure efficient delivery of an administrative service to the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust. The post holder takes the lead in co-ordinating the delivery of administrative services in conjunction with senior medical staff.
The post-holder is expected to be an enthusiastic individual, able to champion services within the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust. The post holder will have a determination to ensure the Trust meets national targets, quality measures and other initiatives. The post holder will have a commitment to both strategic overview and operational detail to ensure all standards and objectives are met. The post holder will be open to gathering information on issues which relate to all teams and be willing to share this information with others.
The post-holder will be a supportive manager for the Business Unit Team and proactively offer professional line management support to administrative staff and other managers and healthcare professionals requiring or seeking support.About us
WEST YORKSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF ACUTE TRUSTS (WYAAT)
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is part of the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), a collaborative of the NHS hospital trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate working together to provide the best possible care for our patients.
By bringing together the wide range of skills and expertise across West Yorkshire and Harrogate we are working differently, innovating and driving forward change to deliver the highest quality care. By working for Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust this is your opportunity to be a part of that change.
WYAAT is the acute sector arm of the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership, one of the largest integrated care systems in the country. The Partnerships ambition is for everyone to have the best possible health and wellbeing, and the work of WYAAT, and each individual trust, supports that ambition.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Manage the business and administrative function and associated staff of the Business Unit.
- To support the CSU Business Manager and Service Manager, Consultants and staff to ensure the effective management of the service.
- To manage the performance of the service within agreed targets
- To support new service developments/projects within the CSU.
- Assist the Business Manager in the management of budgets.
- Liaise closely with staff in Theatres and Surgical CSUs to assist in the servicePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or Management qualification Management experience in a healthcare setting
- Degree Management qualification
Skills & behavioursEssential
- Knowledge of the Trusts agenda and national initiatives Experience of managing others Numerate and able to confidently work with complex figures and excel spreadsheets
- Strong influencing, leadership and motivational skills. Ability to communicate appropriately to a wide range of professional and managerial staff across organisational boundaries Assertive Highly org
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements for the post (with reasonable adjustments if necessary), including clearance on blood borne viruses in compliance with Trust Policy
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
St. James's University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.