Integrated Midwife - 24 Hours. Post open to either band 5 or band 6 dependent on level - Based at Workington Community Hospital
Provide woman-centred, safe, effective and compassionate midwifery care for women and their families throughout the antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal periods. Work autonomously to support all women with their birth choices, recognising when input from Obstetricians and other health professionals is needed and referring appropriately. Practice in accordance with the NMC code of professional conduct.
Maintain professional development, liaise with other professionals in the multidisciplinary team, and support the other midwives in developing the maternity services.Main duties of the job
Provide high quality and responsive care to women and their families in the antenatal, intrapartum and post-natal period.
Work closely together with the multi-disciplinary team to achieve the best outcomes for women.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money wel
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies?
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: email@example.com
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27 day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Further relevant development to postgraduate certificate or equivalent.
- Current active NMC registration
- Teaching certificate or equivalent.
- Neonatal examination of the newborn certificate or equivalent.
- Relevant postgraduate diploma or equivalent.
- Essential IT skills (EITS) or equivalent
- Clinical practice in all aspects of midwifery care.
- Continuing professional development with portfolio.
- NMC rules and code of practice.
- Current local and national developments in maternity care.
Skills & AptitiduesEssential
- Equality legislation and best practice.
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to manage emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Able to support women and their families in events e.g. stillbirths, undiagnosed genetic or birth deformities, child protection.
- Ability to demonstrate the compassionate values and behaviours needed for dignified care.
- Leadership skills
- IT skills.
- IV cannulation.
- Perineal suturing.
- Ability to change practice, using evidence-based research.
Desirable Other RequirementsEssential
- Able to travel independently between sites as required.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to participate in on-call rota for home births.
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Allerdale Community Midwives
Workington Community Hospital, Park Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.