An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our innovative Community Nursing Team in Handforth which covers the localities of Chelford, Handforth, Alderley Edge and Wilmslow (CHAW).
The Community Nursing Teams of East Cheshire are leading the way in integrated working. Closer working relationships with colleagues in Therapies and Social Services have been formed, as part of working aligned to Care Communities with new programmes and projects being developed with other specialties, supporting multi-professional working.
Being part of our friendly and supportive team is an opportunity to take forward the expanding role of community nursing within the multi-disciplinary neighbourhood teams to meet the long term condition agenda and the needs of our elderly population. Our dynamic management team are supportive and open to ideas and innovation.
Travel is an essential part of this role please demonstrate on your application form how you would meet this requirement.
The service covers from 8am until 5pm seven days a week, on a shift pattern of predominantly 9am-5pm. Other shift patterns can be considered. This post is 37.5 hours per weekMain duties of the job
To contribute and support the delivery of high standard of effective nursing care, as part of a nursing team, in support of and under the direction of a registered professional.
To be an autonomous practitioner who is responsible for the holistic assessment of both complex and simple care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of care and delegation of care where appropriate to other members of the team.
The Staff Nurse to carry out assigned tasks, including direct nursing care and administrative duties as delegated by the nurse in charge ensuring that patients /clients receive safe, individualised and effective care which supports health & wellbeing and promotes self- care where appropriate and possible.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse to degree/diploma level
- Current registration with NMC
- Non- Medical Prescriber Teaching V150/Assessing qualification
- Ability to assess clinical situations and act appropriately
- Awareness of effects of ill health and the ageing process.
- Awareness of the principles and practice of SSKIN.
- Basic computer literacy including Knowledge of Microsoft office systems and use of email
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Leg ulcer assessment and management, Experience in palliative care/care of the dying
- Understanding of Gold Standard Framework
- Diabetes care / management.
- Understanding and /or experience of managing patients with LTC needs
- Recent previous experience within a comparable role/transferable skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload effectively
- Ability to communicate in a professional way with people at all levels of understanding either face to face, on the telephone, e-mail or written communication
- Compassionate - with exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients, carers and relatives (as appropriate) remaining sensitive and empathetic
- Experience of mentoring students / supervise other junior staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Previous experience delivering care in a community setting.
- Experience of working in multi-agency services. Experience of mentoring Knowledge and experience relevant to area of practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to meet travel requirements
- Please refer to the Person Specification for all role requirements
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Handforth Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.