An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic forward thinking community cardiac rehabilitation service as part of the community cardiac team. We are looking for an enthusiastic nurse with cardiac rehabilitation experience and knowledge to help us develop our existing provision.Main duties of the job
You will work closely alongside the skill mixed team in providing the BACPR standards and core components of cardiac rehabilitation, this may be in community or hospital You will provide patients with a personalised assessment tailored to their condition and need and agree a hybrid cardiac rehabilitation programme from a menu based set of options You will work with patients /family /carers to identify their risk factors and set goals You will have a passion for empowering patients in reaching their goals and use motivational interviewing to facilitate this. You will support the implementation of this plan, assessing the patients progress regularly along the pathway You will encourage engagement with all aspects of rehabilitation You will identify symptoms and respond to or escalate these as appropriate A key role is in educating about early symptom recognition and healthy lifestyle You will support the delivery of exercise sessions, face to face and virtually, either in groups or one to one settings, within the community or patient homes. You will support the ethos and vision of the service and core components of cardiac rehabilitation and liaise back with the cardiac rehabilitation specialist nurses You will support the team in meeting the services KPIsAbout us
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is a combined acute and community Trust serving a population of over 260,000 with over 4,500 staff. Our vision is to always act the right way and be proud to provide exceptional healthcare to the communities of Rotherham. We are working successfully with partners across South Yorkshire as part of the Integrated Care Board where we are leading and collaborating in several key work streams and service areas, including workforce development. We combine our patient first approach with innovation and care against a backdrop of system working, as encapsulated in our Trust values
AMBITIOUS - We set high standards for the services we deliver. We aim to be an outstanding Trust and we are enthusiastic about delivering excellent health care for our patients.
CARING - We embrace the importance of giving the highest possible quality of care for our patients. We also care for each other as colleagues and for the community, our resources, our environment and our future.
TOGETHER - We value the importance of working together with patients, carers and families to ensure that we provide high quality patient centred care. We are committed to working with partners and stakeholders across Rotherham, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to develop sustainable services for the population we serve. Getting the right leaders in the Trust is critical to achieving.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, for both our patients and our workforce.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Extensive post registration experience with subsequent cardiac experience and understanding of cardiac conditions
- Experience in delivery of cardiac rehabilitation
- Experience delivering community based cardiac care
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Evidence of proactive involvement in the teaching and mentorship and development of nurses and nursing practice
- Evidence of involvement in the development of protocols and clinical audit
- Knowledge of local policies, practices and procedures within specialist area and a good understanding of national strategic context of the NHS and knowledge of NICE and BACPR standards and core components
- First degree in nursing or an equivalent portfolio of evidence
- Teaching/assessing qualification
- Current NMC Registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Non-medical prescriber or willingness to work towards
- Advanced Physical assessment and consultation skills or willingness to undertake
- Post basic qualification/ course in cardiac related subject
- BACPR course or Heart Manual Facilitation Course Training
- Specialist training relevant to role (or willingness to undertake)
- Cannulation/venepuncture ECG and interpretation
The Rotherham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Rotherham Community Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.