Be a vital part of our team as a rehab support worker apprentice.
Are you ready to embark on an extraordinary journey into the world of health and social care? Our organisation is thrilled to introduce a trailblazing apprenticeship pilot program for aspiring Health and Social Care Support Workers, offering an immersive and transformative experience like no other. This is an incredible opportunity to join a dynamic team, learn from experienced professionals, and make a meaningful impact on the lives of patients/clients.Main duties of the job
- Works within the multidisciplinary team in a primary care setting including clients' homes,residential homes and clinics under minimal supervision.
- Assists and carries out delegated duties in line with provision of quality evidence-based practice toclients, which includes following agreed protocols to assist in implementing and progressing setcare plans, including chronic disease management reviews with the aligned caseload.
- To work a variety of shift patterns which includes weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.However core working hours are 8-4pm and 1-9pm, 7 days a week.
At ELFT, we are deeply committed to providing exceptional care to our patients. We believe in fostering a culture of compassion, innovation, and continuous learning. With our unwavering dedication to the growth and development of health and social care professionals, we are excited to launch this pioneering apprenticeship program, designed to cultivate the next generation of talented rehab support workers.
We welcome individuals like you, with diverse backgrounds and experience, looking to start a career in healthcare. Support workers are the backbone of our health and social care system, providing crucial support and care to patients and their families.
We are thrilled to offer an exciting and exclusive 21-month Level 3 apprenticeship, where you will have the opportunity to earn as you learn. Whether you come from customer service, hospitality, administration, or something else entirely, transferable skills can be invaluable in this role. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences enrich our health and social care team and contribute to better patient care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As an apprentice, you will embark on a dynamic and diverse journey, gaining valuable experience in various health and social care settings (care homes, hospices, acute trusts, and hospitals). You will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various areas of healthcare, including mental health, therapy, and adult nursing. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge under the guidance of experienced professionals. Unlike other apprenticeships, you will rotate through different care services and gain exposure to a range of different settings, specialities, patients, and professionals. This rotational structure is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the various aspects of health and social care support work, rewarding you with the opportunity to have access to a range of different career pathways.Person SpecificationEducation/ TrainingDesirable
- - NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care and/or significant care experience
- Care Certificate
- NVQ level 3
- Experience of ensuring that the values including Care, Compassion, Competence, Communication, Courage and Commitment are adhered to daily, and any matters of concern are raised with the relevant line manager or through the necessary processes within the Trust
- Have an understanding of the importance of quicker hospital discharges to medically optimise patients.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of working in a Health or Social care setting
- Significant experience of client personal, physical and general care tasks
Valid UK Drivers Licence and Vehicle AccessEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sufficient IT skills, including use of Word and Outlook
- Be able to undertake frequent standing, kneeling, crouching, hoisting and other moving and handling procedures
- Regularly move and handle clients that may require moderate physical effort, in confined spaces and often unsuitable environments, using relevant practical experience, equipment and skills that enable optimum safety and best practice.
- Able to cope with the changing demands and unpredictable nature of the service
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Able to support clients, carers and family during times of emotional distress
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Twinwoods NHS Resource Centre
Milton Rd, Clapham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.