Be a part of something new from the beginning! Join #TeamLNWH in the �9 million, brand new, state of the art North West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre.
Based at Central Middlesex Hospital in Brent, the elective orthopaedic centre will see over 4,000 Londoners a year for routine bone and joint surgery when it opens in November 2023.
The North West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre is an exciting collaboration between the four acute healthcare providers in north west London Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, Imperial Collage Healthcare NHS Trust, and The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
We are looking for passionate, inspired and enthusiastic Operating Department Practitioners who have extensive post registration experience in elective orthopaedic.
The role will be leading the orthopaedic theatre department team and ensuring the day-to-day operation reflects the highest standard of governance, clinical effectiveness, and standards of care.
You will be an experienced Scrub Orthopaedic Theatre Practitioner using your advanced knowledge and experience to guide and support your team whilst actively being involved in the delivery of patient care. You will be responsible for the logistical and procedural processes within the team, ensuring policy and governance is strictly adhered to whilst maintaining the smooth operation of the team.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In support of the Theatre Clinical Manager, the post holder is responsible for the operational management of designated elective orthopaedic theatres within Central Middlesex Hospital including budgetary awareness, clinical governance, and staff development and training.
In conjunction with the other Lead Practitioners is responsible for the operational management of the Operating Theatres in the absence of the Clinical Theatre Manager. The post holder will have responsibility for effective theatre utilisation, ensuring lists start promptly, delays are minimized, and throughput is maintained.
The post holder will be expected to provide professional leadership within the clinical area and provide direction and inspirational leadership to all members of the multi- disciplinary team within their sphere of influence. The post holder will be involved in the development of protocols / guidelines and patient information.
The service will be working six days per week and to meet the needs of the Trusts services you may also be required from time to time to work at different locations to your normal place of work.
Required to participate in the on-call rota for CMH Theatres
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLYPerson SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse with Theatre Course
- Registered ODP
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Level 6 or above academic qualification
- Management qualification
- Extensive experience as Band 6 Scrub Team Leader
- Extensive knowledge of elective Orthopaedic Scrub procedures
Skill and AbilityEssential
- Management of instrument and implant loan
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- High level of organisational skill
- Demonstrable teaching and facilitation skill in practice development
- IT skill in using Power point, Word and Excel package
Value and AttributeEssential
- Change management skill
- People management Skill
- Demonstrate HEART value and compression in practice
- Analytical and reflective in practice improvement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to service provision
- Research orientated
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Central Middlesex Hospital
Park Royal, London
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.